I hate pulltabs!!!!

The Jersey Digger

Elite Member
I know everyone hates them too. I was at the park I goto usually to kill an hour when I have time. I was digging a solid dime signal. About 7" down I see silver. The heart started racing since I havent found any yet. I gently pull that beautiful piece of silver out. I go to wipe the dirt off ever so gently. Then I realize it is the part of a can that when you push the pulltab, opens up. It was that little disc where the opening of the can would be. Basically the same size as a dime. Just that little silver,shiny...........SOB! I #@!^%$# hate %@^&*%$ pulltabs!!!!!!!!

Just venting thanks all...:)

It goes.............

Here!

Attachments

• k3265688.jpg
    k3265688.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 345
While I don't love 'um I'm glad they're there. That means the area hasn't been detected or somebody wasn't thorough.

It's one of the joys of detecting. :p

What can ya do 'cept dig 'um just to be sure.

I hate them too. But I keep them any way for a little girl @ work who collects them to raise money for her school. So all is not wasted after all.:viking:

I dug about 30 in a tot lot yesterday along with a silver ring and about $4 in clad. They are a tease for sure, but also an indicator of opportunity. :yes:

While I don't love 'um I'm glad they're there. That means the area hasn't been detected or somebody wasn't thorough.

It's one of the joys of detecting. :p

What can ya do 'cept dig 'um just to be sure.

Actually the normal pulltabs sound in the nickel range and a lot of serious silver hunters ignore low signals completely. Heck, not only to they ignore low signals, they also ignore shallow clad signals unless there is reason to believe you might have shallow silver.

If you are not finding them either the area hasn't been used a lot or someone else already did it. At any rate - it's a good sign to dig them- whether you like it or not :) On my detector they sound just like a good coin signal. steve in so az

Actually the normal pulltabs sound in the nickel range and a lot of serious silver hunters ignore low signals completely. Heck, not only to they ignore low signals, they also ignore shallow clad signals unless there is reason to believe you might have shallow silver.

God bless them....

I love it when they leave me tha good stuff,,,

I love them. Got a signal the other day as a pull tab/nickel. Pulled out a 14K heavy gold ring. I will post picture soon. I hunt in relic mode on the ace 250 and dig all none iron signals.

Also pulled to mercs out of the ground. I got a great park to hunt in thats over 150 years old. And with a lot of signals being shallow leads me to believe no one hunts this park.

My boy had a program at school about recycling and said that it would take 500 years for them to degrade. Looks like we may be diging them for many years to come.

I hate lead

If you are not finding them either the area hasn't been used a lot or someone else already did it. At any rate - it's a good sign to dig them- whether you like it or not :) On my detector they sound just like a good coin signal. steve in so az

On my current site small scraps of lead turn up with the same frequency as pulltabs in a park.On my Sovereign they give a lovely sharp high tone,but as you say shows people have been there.As the old English saying goes,"Where theres muck theres brass"

Like I said earlier, it rang up as a solid dime. And it wasnt the pulltab itself, it was the little silver disc that pops out when you push the pulltab. That little,silvery, dime shaped piece...LOL

Pulltabs, the MD'rs burden.... however, trash in general, if totalled, exceeds the pulltabs. I.E. foil, bottlecaps, bobby pins, nails, scraps of metal, etc. RickO

Back
Top Bottom