Choosing a MD????

mitzs

I'm looking at Whites Classic 5-ID.

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/whites/whites-Classic-5ID.htm

What do you guys think about this one? Or do you think there is a better one in the same price range? I live in tn on top of a mountain. It is pretty rocky around here in the woods. Yet you could go into a field across the road and it be more clay. I'm not even sure about if you buy a MD for the soil type. I have access to alot of rivers too. Anyway I would appreciate all opinions. Thanks everyone.

The Whites catalog does not show the clasic ID. I think it was replaced by the
Prizm series. Whites may still make them for that store. We have a forum supporter who helps this forum stay in business. Tony is his name and metal detecting is his game. Give him a call. You won't get a better price and you will be able to talk detectors with him. I bought mine from him and so have a few more people here. www.tcmetaldetectors.com phone # 860-623-1153.
pop

Hi and welcome to the forums. The Classic 5ID was Whites Classic ID. It retailed for 449.95 not the 569.95 that they show as their retail price. Most of the accessories are junk and you are really paying for the rest since that detector should sell for around 350.00. Personally I'd get an up to date detector and not one that was discontinued.

poptop said:
The Whites catalog does not show the clasic ID. I think it was replaced by the
Prizm series. Whites may still make them for that store. We have a forum supporter who helps this forum stay in business. Tony is his name and metal detecting is his game. Give him a call. You won't get a better price and you will be able to talk detectors with him. I bought mine from him and so have a few more people here. www.tcmetaldetectors.com phone # 860-623-1153.
pop

Thanks for the link poptop. I really don't care where I get mine from when the time comes. I'am on a fixed income though so I will have to go where I can get the most for my money. However, I will check Tonys site out and compare prices. :yes:

TonyinCT said:
Hi and welcome to the forums. The Classic 5ID was Whites Classic ID. It retailed for 449.95 not the 569.95 that they show as their retail price. Most of the accessories are junk and you are really paying for the rest since that detector should sell for around 350.00. Personally I'd get an up to date detector and not one that was discontinued.

Hello Toni! Poptop was just telling me about you and I've been looking at your site. What would you recommend for the 450 price range. Thank you for the above information. I appreciate it.

I would suggest the Minelab Xterra30 if you want a target ID detector. They are very lightweight and have a good target ID system. Whites has the Prizm IV which will also do a great job . If target ID is not that big a deal I would suggest the Tesoro Vaquero. Even lighter in weight and gets great depth in most soil conditions. If you need any more help let me know.

TonyinCT said:
I would suggest the Minelab Xterra30 if you want a target ID detector. They are very lightweight and have a good target ID system. Whites has the Prizm IV which will also do a great job . If target ID is not that big a deal I would suggest the Tesoro Vaquero. Even lighter in weight and gets great depth in most soil conditions. If you need any more help let me know.

Toni thank you for your time and sharing your knowledge with me. It is nice to talk to someone that has the exp with the product itself with out feeling like your talking to a saleman that will tell you anything just to make a sale. :D I will take your advice and forget about the classic 5. Thanks for the suggestions I'm off to research them now. This site is really helpfull and I'm glad I found you guys.

TonyinCT said:

Well I'm going to try this post one more time, if I lose signal again while hitting the submit button my aircard is going out the window! :mad:

Anyway, Toni thank you so much for your time and suggestions. I will take your advice about the classic 5 and start researching the other ones you have mention. This place is really helpfull and I'm glad I have found you guys. Hope everyone has a good night.

Back
Top Bottom