Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 06-18-2018, 03:31 PM
Supporter

Default Interesting Info on the Equinox 600 and 800

Was just ordering a Plugger's CF shaft for the Equinox, and received this email from Plugger's. Thought it was interesting that he believes they are built in two different locations. Cut and paste:

"Right now, I only have 39" shafts for the Equinox 800, the shafts that fit the 600 are due in end of the week and won't be available until about June 27th. Which model do you have?

The coil rod diameter on the 600 is larger than the 800. It appears that they are being built in two different locations. Further proof is the finish on the 800 is a glossy black while the 600 is a matte (flat black) finish. "

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:48 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by ChrisMD View post
Was just ordering a Plugger's CF shaft for the Equinox, and received this email from Plugger's. Thought it was interesting that he believes they are built in two different locations. Cut and paste:

"Right now, I only have 39" shafts for the Equinox 800, the shafts that fit the 600 are due in end of the week and won't be available until about June 27th. Which model do you have?

The coil rod diameter on the 600 is larger than the 800. It appears that they are being built in two different locations. Further proof is the finish on the 800 is a glossy black while the 600 is a matte (flat black) finish. "
Interesting... May just be a fit and finish thing as well on glossy vs flat. Odd that they would do that though.

EDIT-- For you ODC folks, I measured my rod shaft diameter and it is just a tick short of 20MM in length.
BCD

Last edited by BufordCityDawg; 06-18-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Old 06-18-2018, 03:48 PM

That is interesting. I wondered why his auctions stated to specify 600 or 800. I thought there was no physical difference in the 2 machines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Old 06-18-2018, 03:52 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by BufordCityDawg View post
Interesting... May just be a fit and finish thing as well on glossy vs flat. Odd that they would do that though.

BCD
From a manufacturing perspective it makes almost zero sense tracking different parts for like builds in a single facility. Would be the equivalent of Anderson Windows sourcing vinyl extrusion from two different places for the same series vinyl window. Weird.