compare Whites M6 and Fisher ID Edge

coolcat7

hi there,

I am new to the hobby and have not purchased yet. Still researching.

Can anyone compare these two models? THey are both new! I hope to decide between the two.

I intend on hunting coins, jewelry, relics in the woods mostly and sometimes at the beach. thanks guys!!!
CC :grin:

Hey, dude, I would definitely go with the White's M6. My detecting partner, Rob, loves this machine, as it has produced many silver coins and Injuns for him. Speaking of silver coins, he found a 1900 Barber dime at 8 inches yesterday. Overall, it is a great machine with excellent depth and discrimination. You couldn't go wrong in buying one, man!

changed direction

Hi Zoyboy, thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

As it turns out after all my research, I went with the teknetics T2. It was really hard to wade thru so much info to make a decision.

I have not received the machine yet, so when I do I'll post some feedback.

thanks again bud,
;)

I had a T2 to try and it failed within an hour and had to be returned for repair. On return I was all set to compare against the Whites M6 however the air test figures were not as good as pre repair and in ground the Whites had the edge (and at a lower price). As it was an early production run model I don't think you can judge much by this. The later T2's seem to have been sorted so if you buy new no problem but second hand you could end up with one of the early introductions sold through a U.S. sports shop whose name escapes me.
It will be nice to see your comments in the future.

that's a good point

Brian, you have a good point, and I thought about that AFTER I ordered. The fact that a new machine of any kind (camera, car, toaster) could have flaws that havent been found before. ARRg I had a feeling of dread. :( I hope I have some luck this time.

By the way, what is the website for this particular manufacturer? Does anyone know? I heard that Teknetics was made by Bounty Hunter. I am having a hard time finding their website. I would like to see whatever specs they post. :?: Ya, using google and "bounty hunter" I get lots of sites like "dog the bounty hunter" sheesh!!

Have a great day,

Bounty Hunter's site is http://www.detecting.com/
but they don't seem to mention the T2 there.
Perhaps its a Lexus/Toyota thing.
Worth having a look at the T2 forum thats under the Finds forum listings.

the T2 forum ?

Hi again,

Hey brian, you said "Worth having a look at the T2 forum thats under the Finds forum listings."

I looked for a while but could not find this reference.

Do you remember which topic it was under ? thanks again!

Have a great day everyone,
:grin:

Now on the right track

hi Epi, thanks for that. I was clueless. I am now hooked into the T2 forum. There are alot of posts there to read, and I will.

Having recieved the T2 last thursday (thanks Tony), I am finding the machine to be very easy. It came with a rather lightweight manual so I was a bit worried. After reading as many pages as I could digest, I tried the machine this weekend. Ya I tried digging but in NH this is not going to happen! (har!) I have had some new experiences for sure, like finding out what a hardpack this soil is. And I was determined to keep my most important first find - to show my husband - a beautiful rusty roof nail. (again; har!)

Overall, I like this machine. Don't forget this is the first one I ever tried to learn. Experimentation is still a good thing even if you cant dig anything. I threw some coins around the yard, jewelry etc. I found an old barrel buried in the woods too. I then went back and reread the book. It is quite well written. They have captured some good info, tips etc that you can't appreciate until you run the machine.

I will end here. There is still much to learn. When I get a very good handle on the thing, I will post a longer review.
ps I also found the garden sheers I lost last summer on a steep slope. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom