Never heard of these

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
I thought that after all these years I have heard of every manufacturer that made a detector. Here is one that I have never heard of before, was wondering if any of you have. http://www.intexsystemscorp.com/ahpro.htm

Attachments

• ahpros.JPG
    ahpros.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 604
Nope, never have.. and with the lack of replies, looks like no one else has either :lol: Pretty cool they still offer help and service to those who have them though, that's pretty top notch :yes:

I purchased a Mini Locator pinpointer from this company, but have never heard of their metal detectors.

I believe that is the old Compass line. After the fire at their plant they went out of business and I think they came back or another company bought their rights under the name A H Pro! HH

No wonder nobody has heard of them, they used to sell these things :roll:

Attachments

• PRO-tipview2.gif
    PRO-tipview2.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 443
This may help, the A.H. pro detectors were in business in the 70's/80's era. They were an good detector, but not known for depth. I owned on for awhile. Compass was also in business at this time. The A.H. pro and Compass companies had nothing to do with each other. There are still a few guys that still own and use some of these detectors. I think the reason that there has not been very many responses about them is because most guys have not been detecting that long. But for us that have 40 or 50 years detecting, yes, we do remember them. Also, back in the 70's it seemed everyone and his brother were making detectors, there were many, many brands, some very obscure. As for the probes that Intex now make are excellent for detecting and retrieving targets in certain areas. I have two of them (CP 200) that I use mainly on lawns of stately type homes. Using one of these and the right retrieval tools, you leave absolutly no evidence or damage to the lawn. They are a great tool, but you have to understand how and where to best use them.

I had the AH Pro. First true tab discriminator that could actually find coins underneath tabs. I regret to this day that that was the only mode I used-no telling how many gold rings I missed. I could hide a coin under a spread out foil gum wrapper in foil discriminate and it would pick up the coin. As poster said, it wasn't known for depth, as I could adjust the threshold and get a coin at 5" air test. It is the detector that made me believe in the "halo" effect on coins. I was in tab discriminate and got a huge signal that I was sure was an aluminum can. So I thrust a 6" hunting knife into the ground and got nothing. I was sure by then that it was an aluminum can, as I could lift the coil 4" and still get the signal. Cutting the plug, I thrust the knife ANOTHER 6" and "clack!". I knew I had goofed. At 12" I found and 1800's silver dollar WITH a nice gash in it. Now my math tells me that 12 plus 4=16. It was the first off-resonance discriminator and extremely accurate.

I had the AH Pro. First true tab discriminator that could actually find coins underneath tabs. I regret to this day that that was the only mode I used-no telling how many gold rings I missed. I could hide a coin under a spread out foil gum wrapper in foil discriminate and it would pick up the coin. As poster said, it wasn't known for depth, as I could adjust the threshold and get a coin at 5" air test. It is the detector that made me believe in the "halo" effect on coins. I was in tab discriminate and got a huge signal that I was sure was an aluminum can. So I thrust a 6" hunting knife into the ground and got nothing. I was sure by then that it was an aluminum can, as I could lift the coil 4" and still get the signal. Cutting the plug, I thrust the knife ANOTHER 6" and "clack!". I knew I had goofed. At 12" I found and 1800's silver dollar WITH a nice gash in it. Now my math tells me that 12 plus 4=16. It was the first off-resonance discriminator and extremely accurate.
Thanks sllingshot, sounds like you had some fun with that detector.

Thanks sllingshot, sounds like you had some fun with that detector.
Unbelievably, the disc controls, (fine and coarse) could be rotated BACKWARDS and go into a/m mode. It MAY have been one of the first VLF detectors! I tried it a few times and found coins others would have missed in certain situations. If I had used the beep-dig mentality back then, I guarantee you I would still have the detector. I would use it today.

That's a new name for me too. I'm still not convinced it's not a re-badged Compass. In the '60s and '70s there were a huge number of detector manufacturers but there werea lot that bought the parts and resold them under thier own name.

That's a new name for me too. I'm still not convinced it's not a re-badged Compass. In the '60s and '70s there were a huge number of detector manufacturers but there werea lot that bought the parts and resold them under thier own name.
I have a buddy out west (Iowa) that is a big Compass fan & knows lots about detectors especially vintage ones, if I think of it I will give him a shout and ask him.

Here is alittle more about them that I found while "googling" AH Pro
http://compass-metal-detector-forum.548136.n2.nabble.com/A-H-Electronics-Super-Pro-td3794936.html (thought you might enjoy the read sllingshot)

Attachments

• addon.php.jpg
    addon.php.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 331
Back
Top Bottom