Grey Ghost Headphones?

joe4077

Elite Member
I'm thinking of getting Grey Ghost headphones. Anyone care to input on which ones to get? There are so many types and I'm not sure which are better. Does anyone use these headphones?

they rock

Very good head phones. I have the Grey ghost with a on /off switch on the muffs. also has the volume control on the muffs. The cord has 90 degree fitting where it goes into the machine. Love mine.

No!!!!

I'm thinking of getting Grey Ghost headphones. Anyone care to input on which ones to get? There are so many types and I'm not sure which are better. Does anyone use these headphones?

Joe, don't throw money away. A set of $35-$50 headphones is all you need. Do not be fooled by, "you need this many Ohms to hear the sweet suff," lies. Radio Shack headphones work just as well and are more comfortable - in my opinion. All the guys I know that bought Grey Ghost and Killer B headphones are not finding anything more, and many have gone back to the headset they were orginally using. Get the ones that FIT your ears the best. Ones that won't make the tops of your ears HURT after six-hours!

Putting on my fireproof underwear now. :laughing:

Terry I've been md'ing for a year now and I went through 3 sets of headphones already. The $35 headphones just don't hold up. It's so annoying when you're out there in the field and one side of the headphone conks out. I need a set that's well made with reinforced connections.

Grey ghost

I have the original grey ghost, they are very comfy and solid. I like the volume control and the feel. My only complaint is that high tones don't sound particularly good as the low ones. I've heard killer bees are even better an they will b my next set. Prob get the tanker style with one ear exposed so I can hear all the haters sneakin up trying to steal mygold!

HH

I got the GG originals, I think they were around $85 and I love them. They are light weight and comfortable and I would recommend them to anyone looking to buy good phones.

I've heard killer bees are even better an they will b my next set.
They are. I've owned the Grey Ghost Ultimates for a few years now, and liked them a lot. I wanted to buy a pair of backup phones, so I bought a pair of Killer B's after reading great reviews on them. Suffice to say, the Killer B's are my primary phones now, and my GG's are my backup pair. The Killer B's are much lighter and have more crisp/pronounced tones across my machine's frequency range. They also block out external noise better than the GG's. I used to be able to hear my buddy talking to me while I had my GG's on....with my Killer B's, I have to remove one side off my ear to understand the conversation. The GG's have a more muffled/boxy tone. The B's that were sent to me were unfortunately faulty, so John Smith (owner of Killer B's) told me to send back the faulty pair. He ended up paying for my return shipping charges, sent me a perfect pair of new phones, and also sent me a complimentary Killer B baseball cap. Great business and owner. I'd recommend the B's over the GG's.

HH,
Raphis
Dan

Hot day, hot ears, but thats with any tight fitting over the ear. Very good sounds, noise cancellation from outside noise. I love mine.

Headphones are a personal preference, some like Killer B's,some like Sun Ray's,some like Grey Ghosts,etc...... They are all good, I used a $20.00 set from Radio Shack for many years and a set of White's for a few years and every other top rated brand. My personal preference was a set of Jolly Rogers made by the company that makes Grey Ghost, sound great fit extremely well. That was until I ended up selling the Jolly Rogers and buying a set of phones made by one of the members here & they are the best sounding phones I have ever used.

I didn't like the GG Headphones. One click was too low in volume and the next is too high.

I am a firm believer in quality headphones. I use RAT MSA's to hunt. They sound great. The cord is replaceable. They keep my ears warm in the wind. They are lite on my head. When I lay the detector down the cup does not pull out. They do not move around on my head. They have a volume limit. They reduce outside noise. All good things. I might use a cheaper pair in the heat, but in the heat of Summer I don't detect as much.

I always buy the Gray Ghost originals. They cost about 80-90 and will last a lifetime, I believe they also have a lifetime warranty? They are super comfortable and durable unlike most of the 20,30,40 dollar phones you buy at electronics places that are made to sit in the house and listen to music with but when you're walking through brush and laying down the detector to dig constantly most break very quickly. I can't tell you how many pairs of cheap phones I went through until I decided to spend a few extra dollars and get Gray Ghost.

I have the GG originals as well and so far so good. I have only had them out a few times so far, but they sound good and there comfortable.

I didn't like the GG Headphones. One click was too low in volume and the next is too high.

I am a firm believer in quality headphones. I use RAT MSA's to hunt. They sound great. The cord is replaceable. They keep my ears warm in the wind. They are lite on my head. When I lay the detector down the cup does not pull out. They do not move around on my head. They have a volume limit. They reduce outside noise. All good things. I might use a cheaper pair in the heat, but in the heat of Summer I don't detect as much.
I understand what you are saying - One click was too low in volume and the next is too high - but remember you can put the volume control between the clicks. For example one click two click three click,etc . you can stop the dial anywhere between the clicks such as 1 and a half, two and a half, etc.....
I know it sounds obvious but some might not know it.

I have GG and really like them. I did have to send them back because the line had a short in them.

I need sturdy headphones that can take a beating. The Killer B's that I use fit the bill nicely and I've been using them for the past couple years.

If I ever need another set, I'm going to check out a set by Gauntlet for sure!

I have the jolly rogers. They are made by detector pro who makes the GG's and are cheaper. I asked Bart about the GG's and he recommanded the jolly rogers because that is what he uses on his personal machine. Plus the jolly roger logo looks cooler then the GG logo

Joe I just got a pair of Koss headphones and really like them and they didn't cost all that much. Best part is they are covered by warranty.I hear they don't ask questions they just repair or replace.

Koss Limited Lifetime Warranty
All Koss headphones purchased after July 1989 are covered by our lifetime warranty.

I've just bought some Gray Ghost Originals, had them out only a few times so far. I had a pair of Treasure Wise and Bounty Hunter headphones previously. They would slide around and out of place a lot. The gg's have yet to budge. They are a lot better at muffling out environmental noises. So far I liked the sound characteristics of the Bounty Hunters more with my gt, but I am still getting used to the gg's. Right now what used to be one scoop is two the three because I can't pinpoint with them very well yet. The tones seem to be longer with the ggs. They are definitely light and comfortable.

Metal detecting headphones are much like stereo music headphones - a never ending search for the right ones. No two heads are the same size and no pair of ears hear the same. People's opinions are valuable as is their personal experience, but when it comes right down to it only you can decide what's best for you.

Back
Top Bottom