Searched a House From the 1940s.

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
Drove through an older neighborhood looking for opportunities. Came across a house that had recently had the sod removed and they were putting in a sprinkler system. Knocked the door and the owner was really cool with me searching his yard. I'm currently at 97 silver coins all time, and I really thought this might be my ticket to 100. Alas, I had a fun hunt, but no silver. 6 wheat pennies and some other goodies. The silver slump continues. I gave the home owner the two oldest wheats. A 1923 and a 1939.

Attachments

• 20181120_160522_resized.jpg
    20181120_160522_resized.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 461
  • 20181120_160532_resized.jpg
    20181120_160532_resized.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 472
Great hunting! I see you recovered the mandatory hose nozzle yet again :laughing: copper adds up too though :cool: congrats!

Thanks! Haha. I was going to mention it, but I knew someone else would. My skill for finding those nozzles in yards is uncanny! Too bad they're not silver!

Congrats on the fun hunt - swinging is always regardless off what comes out of the ground...

Shocked there wasn't a pile of nails also...…….

GL on making it to 100

That's interesting. I had a similar experience searching a house from the 40s. My friend and I got permission and I was SURE that we'd come out with some silver. But in the end we dug over 80 holes and recovered one silver Rosie. Everything was clad, plus some miscellaneous junk. But you can't help but want to hear that signal with each swing...

I laughed when I scrolled down and saw that hose nozzle in the photo! :lol: "Ol' Stiffwrists did it again!"
I hunted 7 residential yards this year, and got three silvers from only one yard.
I didn't find a single hose nozzle. I see you got a marble too. Those are rare finds for me. What is that thing by the bottom of the hose nozzle? Looks like a mounted black stone with a shining facet.

Congrat's on the finds. I love those nozzles they were well made and still work most of the time. If nothing else they can go in the brass bucket. What is the little silvery thing in the pic??

Congrat's on the finds. I love those nozzles they were well made and still work most of the time. If nothing else they can go in the brass bucket. What is the little silvery thing in the pic??

The silvery thing is a button. Probably from a blazer sleeve or something.

I laughed when I scrolled down and saw that hose nozzle in the photo! :lol: "Ol' Stiffwrists did it again!"
I hunted 7 residential yards this year, and got three silvers from only one yard.
I didn't find a single hose nozzle. I see you got a marble too. Those are rare finds for me. What is that thing by the bottom of the hose nozzle? Looks like a mounted black stone with a shining facet.

The nozzle streak continues! Lol

Heres a link to that jeweled piece. Pretty cool.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=267662

Drove through an older neighborhood looking for opportunities. Came across a house that had recently had the sod removed and they were putting in a sprinkler system. Knocked the door and the owner was really cool with me searching his yard. I'm currently at 97 silver coins all time, and I really thought this might be my ticket to 100. Alas, I had a fun hunt, but no silver. 6 wheat pennies and some other goodies. The silver slump continues. I gave the home owner the two oldest wheats. A 1923 and a 1939.

Hey, got some nice wheats. that always makes me happy. I wonder how long the owner or previous owner looked for the hose nozzle?

Back
Top Bottom