Digging tool?

Diggin tool

:D Hey lots of great ones out there.
I bought a nice heavy metal one from Lowes for about $15 ~~True Temper (made in China) seems to be good.
It has one side seratted and other edge is sharp with a 1 to 5 inch measurement stamped inside.
Another I have Dalyne Enterprise Bradshaw NE 68619 nice heavy trowel type.
I have a small magnet I keep on it to help locate iron/tin etc when digging.
Rest If You Must, But Don't Quit".
All Paul.

" You Get What You Pay For "

Don't waste more $$$$ on tools that bend and break ! Stay with the tried and true Lesche digger and the Samsom-T handel shovel (18in or 31in ), you can't go wrong !! As for that red nail puller thingy ..... I'am not interested in finding nails? :laughing::laughing::laughing: Choose wisely, as time is money and money is time. Happy Hunting !

Get a Sampson. There is nothing better out there. Why push a knife into the ground and get sore hands? Why try to scoop dirt with a lousy Lesche? Get a Sampson. It makes a neater plug. You can get under the target. No more scratched coins. Did I say get a Sampson?

Can also be used to defend yourself from snakes, dogs, and anything else that means you harm.

The last digging tool you will ever buy.

I agree that the Sampson is great, I really like my double serrated 31" T handle; but there are places it would not be nice to take it.

For most of those the Lesche is called upon. There are places where even that is a little much for appearances; for those places the Wilson trowel is a lot lower profile.

For me each has their place. Yes, I do wish I could use the Sampson everywhere.

That is exactly why I got rid of my tanks and got a plasma. :)

FYI = I used 3/16 plate steel.

Plasma would be great, but I only use them a few times a year.

3/16 was what yours looked like. That's plenty strong and probably more than enough. I didn't have any 3/16 around though, so it's 1/4 for these. It's a little heavy, but it was free and I doubt that I'll ever bend it.

picture.php

picture.php

The 1/4" might be thicker than practical for pushing through the ground.

We'll see after some testing.

Last edited:
I bought two Mini Shovels from Harbor Freight for $7. It's 28" long, 6" wide blade and extremely lightweight. Love it. Cuts through roots and hard pack soil. I can dig while sitting, squatting or stooped. Cuts a beautiful plug too.
LOVE IT!

Back
Top Bottom