Knife geeks? What do you carry?

Thanks!
It's really nothing too special. I carry it butt forward on my right side (I'm right handed), so I had to make my own sheath for it, and it's nothing fancy either. For me a knife is a tool that's also safety equipment. Anyone that works with livestock for a living needs a good knife.

Yeah, nice looking piece for sure. Real nice size. :aok:

I love Kershaw. Affordable knives and if you ever have a problem their customer service is awesome. The Damascus blade on this knife hold a good edge I haven’t sharpened it since I got it as my personal Christmas present lol. Still super sharp.

That's a big part of the reason that young man was successful in milking my wallet for the Zero Tolerance. They're Kershaw's "Premium" brand...

That's awesome modeltguy! Those seemingly small things have a huge impact on us later in life. I haven't had it 62 years, but I still have the first Old Timer workmate my grandpa gave me. This one here, right?

Close. Mine is a Camillus Yellow Jacket with a serrated blade. I also like the Buck 309 Companion but it is really too small.

My EDC is a Benchmade Griptilian 551. It is a really great knife!

Attachments

• f56948214a0a948eade67bde09a98a40.jpg
    f56948214a0a948eade67bde09a98a40.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 175
My EDC is a Benchmade Griptilian 551. It is a really great knife!

Great family of blades. I love their locks. Glad to see Benchmade bring a good line for a good price to the table. The rubber grip doesn't work for me real well, but I'm sure it's great in a lot of situations. :aok:

Well, I tell ya Brothers...A guy simply cant survive on this inhospitable Planet very long without a good knife...Thats all a guy really needs when you think about it..boil everything down and applying 'Occams Razor' parameters...With a good honest knife, a guy can make fire, tools, deadfalls, bow and arrow, shelter, shoes, clothes, self defense implements...When it comes down to it, and Survival is on the line, all hope is lost, washed ashore soaking wet ...a good Knife in pocket and some according skills are more valuable than a Sat Phone or a Bic Lighter...Weather dependent of course..still.....

Anyway, Like Y'all, I have a lot of appreciation for a good Honest blade....I recently traded a beauty William Henry locking folder to a Forum member here for some silver and paper...Made in the USA, beautiful and smooth as hell, too good of a blade for me, I felt inadequate to even have it in my possession....google up the William Henry website and have a look...

Once upon a time, after 911, I was flying out of GRR, going through the security checkpoint, completely forgot I had my Schrade 770t twin blade 'Muskrat skinner' my Gpa gave me when I was a little kid in my pocket, where it resided for eons...So ..the TSA agent, a guy about my age...of course hit on it, and was going to confiscate my favorite blade, and toss it into the bin along with the nail clippers and multitools and finger nail files.....

Just one look in my eye and he knew this situation could go really bad really fast, and by god it would have!...Aint no damn body taking this blade from me! He amazingly took the high road, understood the significance and heritage, recognized the dangers, evaluated correctly, diffused the situation, and made the right decision....(Little pee pee folding Schrade?)..

He walked me out to the parking lot and let me store it in my car, we had a smoke, talked about the World and knives and muskrats and our Grandpas......worked out good for everybody concerned...but hell, a guy feel naked without a blade!

This should be on the Knife Thread. I collect knives and I have them from cheap ones to some that cost several hundred dollars. It's not easy to decide which to carry. Lately i have been using lighter knives. I carry a small out the front knife in my front pocket next to my keys. I have used it a lot more than I thought that I would. In my back pocket next to my billfold I have one of my more recent purchases. It is for when i need something more heavy duty.
Pocket Carry.jpg
True Strike.jpg

Funny I came across this thread. I just texted my wife a knife and told her i needed it. She said "really another knife?" I said yep this one is 1.5" shorter then my last one and that I believe it would be a perfect fixed blade everyday carry.

I have three weaknesses, a good knife, flashlight, and pen.

This is the knife I am currently carrying for everyday usage. Kershaw 1760 Damascus skyline

I carry the same model but mines the economy version with a stainless blade. Still a very nice knife that takes a wicked edge.

benchmade for my folder, then I use a mora for a straight blade...as I tend to work hard and abuse my straight blades. Been looking at a bark river for awhile now.

Wow. The more I look around the site, the more interesting goodies I find. My daily carry is a Hoffman Richter. It weighs in at 8.87 oz. The bump at the top left is a 'quick open', and it's a spring assisted open, so it opens almost like a switchblade.

Attachments

• 20180222_174021 (800x361).jpg
    20180222_174021 (800x361).jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 20180222_174041 (800x253).jpg
    20180222_174041 (800x253).jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 136
Well, I tell ya Brothers...A guy simply cant survive on this inhospitable Planet very long without a good knife...Thats all a guy really needs when you think about it..boil everything down and applying 'Occams Razor' parameters...With a good honest knife, a guy can make fire, tools, deadfalls, bow and arrow, shelter, shoes, clothes, self defense implements...When it comes down to it, and Survival is on the line, all hope is lost, washed ashore soaking wet ...a good Knife in pocket and some according skills are more valuable than a Sat Phone or a Bic Lighter...Weather dependent of course..still.....

Anyway, Like Y'all, I have a lot of appreciation for a good Honest blade....I recently traded a beauty William Henry locking folder to a Forum member here for some silver and paper...Made in the USA, beautiful and smooth as hell, too good of a blade for me, I felt inadequate to even have it in my possession....google up the William Henry website and have a look...

Once upon a time, after 911, I was flying out of GRR, going through the security checkpoint, completely forgot I had my Schrade 770t twin blade 'Muskrat skinner' my Gpa gave me when I was a little kid in my pocket, where it resided for eons...So ..the TSA agent, a guy about my age...of course hit on it, and was going to confiscate my favorite blade, and toss it into the bin along with the nail clippers and multitools and finger nail files.....

Just one look in my eye and he knew this situation could go really bad really fast, and by god it would have!...Aint no damn body taking this blade from me! He amazingly took the high road, understood the significance and heritage, recognized the dangers, evaluated correctly, diffused the situation, and made the right decision....(Little pee pee folding Schrade?)..

He walked me out to the parking lot and let me store it in my car, we had a smoke, talked about the World and knives and muskrats and our Grandpas......worked out good for everybody concerned...but hell, a guy feel naked without a blade!
If you ain't skinned a muskrat, you ain't lived!

Nice blades!

Nice blades guys! My new one was waiting patiently for me on the porch when I pulled up. Rides real nice horizontal with a little down tilt on the small of my back.

Attachments

• WWKT 1.jpg
    WWKT 1.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 123
  • WWKT 2.jpg
    WWKT 2.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 125
Here's a man that's prepared for any occasion! How do you like the K4? Dozier has some beautiful pieces.

I like the K4 very much. I wear it horizontal on the left side. Dozier dose make high quality and beautiful knives. He's backloged about 3 years on orders. I own several Dozier and been my pleasure to know Bob Dozier personally for many years.

Smooth

I’m the forum member Mud is speaking of. I have to say the knife is the best I’ve ever owned. Thanks Mud. When he’s says it’s smooth, I can tell you, it’s like butter on a hot roll!

I’m not sure I’m adequate enough to own it, but I’m a good faker! Haha!
65668935-DC5C-48B0-B276-C4C43F483772.jpg

As a teenager, I was handy with a knife. Was good at sharpening them, too.

Attachments

• DSC00339.JPG
    DSC00339.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 111
Back
Top Bottom