My Equinox 800 Take (Tests and Commentary)

So far I am liking the Equinox as well for the ID, Speed and the Tones or performance in general. One thing I can't get away from really enjoying is the ability to pack away the DEUS in the back pack. For me I hike into a lot of spots and we know how good the dues is here. It is a little thing but ML made the lower shaft a little too long IMO. It is hard to get in the backpack :) I still get it in there though :)

Now my next question I have thought to myself is, When will XP make a simultaneous multi frequency machine based on the Deus platform?:grin: I love competition

So far I am liking the Equinox as well for the ID, Speed and the Tones or performance in general. One thing I can't get away from really enjoying is the ability to pack away the DEUS in the back pack. For me I hike into a lot of spots and we know how good the dues is here. It is a little thing but ML made the lower shaft a little too long IMO. It is hard to get in the backpack :) I still get it in there though :)

Now my next question I have thought to myself is, When will XP make a simultaneous multi frequency machine based on the Deus platform?:grin: I love competition

Good question.
They will have to.
Equinox is that good.
Percentage wise on old homes sites, a one (coil) detector destroyer.
We need to see what the bigger coil and smaller coil does with Equinox.

Minelab got the Nox right as far the tones, how the detector reports. Not chunky sounding when the coil is moving.

I have seen one gent somewhere asking/talakojg about notch on NOx.
I haven't ever used any and likely won't. Been in some bad places too with junk.
Dug 2 copper pennies this morning out of a site. Wish I would have had CTX to check these with. Unbelievable at how much and many mid tones were a flowing, and checking around hole the aluminum was sitting in there pretty tight.
I had swing a CTX over these 2 coins once before I know. But Imwould like to have had one just to see. Something is happening with the NOX.
A lot of you tubes ain't showing this, but I know.

Same here. I hike/bike to places with the Deus in a backpack.

Good question.
They will have to.
Equinox is that good.
Percentage wise on old homes sites, a one (coil) detector destroyer.
We need to see what the bigger coil and smaller coil does with Equinox.

Minelab got the Nox right as far the tones, how the detector reports. Not chunky sounding when the coil is moving.

I have seen one gent somewhere asking/talakojg about notch on NOx.
I haven't ever used any and likely won't. Been in some bad places too with junk.
Dug 2 copper pennies this morning out of a site. Wish I would have had CTX to check these with. Unbelievable at how much and many mid tones were a flowing, and checking around hole the aluminum was sitting in there pretty tight.
I had swing a CTX over these 2 coins once before I know. But Imwould like to have had one just to see. Something is happening with the NOX.
A lot of you tubes ain't showing this, but I know.

After all the extensive testing and reporting you did last year on the Nokta Impact, I'm surprised that almost all of your comparisons of the Nox are to the Deus and none that I've seen to the Impact. Is there a reason for that? Thanks

After all the extensive testing and reporting you did last year on the Nokta Impact, I'm surprised that almost all of your comparisons of the Nox are to the Deus and none that I've seen to the Impact. Is there a reason for that? Thanks

Biggest reasons for comparing to Deus.
Deus has a 11" round dd coil. And for surface area coil wise, Deus a top performer in and around iron.

Biggest reasons for comparing to Deus.
Deus has a 11" round dd coil. And for surface area coil wise, Deus a top performer in and around iron.

If you get a Multi Kruzer, I would love to see you also do some comparisons to the Nox especially since they are the two new waterproof detectors on the market.

If you get a Multi Kruzer, I would love to see you also do some comparisons to the Nox especially since they are the two new waterproof detectors on the market.

If I get the Kruzer I might. Can't promise. Takes a lot of time to do testing and revalidate.

Luckily I never bought the Deus. All my friends already got rid of theirs where I hunt. Got two Equinox coming. Now you got me googling a Kruzer:lol:

Jacka

I like the lower rod, more extension, i am 6ft 3 however, i also like the different material they made the lower rod out of , not every machine is meant for packing away into a back pack, Earl TNSS did you do that hunt in 50 tone ?

I like the lower rod, more extension, i am 6ft 3 however, i also like the different material they made the lower rod out of , not every machine is meant for packing away into a back pack, Earl

CTX I use a shoulder strap over the shoulder on my electric bike. Equinox will be a piece of cake to haul around.

Larry

I use the detector pal with the CTX3030 and the 17 at the beach, however swinging the Nox is a entirely different ball game, just wondering now if i will swing my CTX3030s some, or swing the NOX , TNSS is not making this easy for me, as his review's are high, however he did say something about checking with the 3030 as the Nox doesn't give you target info like the CTX3030, this will keep the CTX3030 on top for a while, and i will have to check the depth differences CTX3030 with the 17 coil vs the Nox with the 15 coil when i can get my hand's on one, at the beach on Gold, Earl

I like the lower rod, more extension, i am 6ft 3 however, i also like the different material they made the lower rod out of , not every machine is meant for packing away into a back pack, Earl TNSS did you do that hunt in 50 tone ?

I am 6'2" and have plenty of lower rod to spare. I think they could have split the difference in the middle rod length and the lower just fine and still kept the over all distance(like making the middle 1 inch longer and the lower 1 inch shorter for example). They are advertising this machine as a "All terrain" or "versatile" "do all" detector so I wouldn't think it is too outlandish to think a lot of folks will pack it around.

I use the detector pal with the CTX3030 and the 17 at the beach, however swinging the Nox is a entirely different ball game, just wondering now if i will swing my CTX3030s some, or swing the NOX , TNSS is not making this easy for me, as his review's are high, however he did say something about checking with the 3030 as the Nox doesn't give you target info like the CTX3030, this will keep the CTX3030 on top for a while, and i will have to check the depth differences CTX3030 with the 17 coil vs the Nox with the 15 coil when i can get my hand's on one, at the beach on Gold, Earl

Earl,
What is the deepest pull tab you have dug with CTX any sized coil on any beach?

Any other person who has used CTX on beach can respond too if they wish.

Dave

I got one used June 2016 gen 2- CTX in Nov 2017, the other new -Jan 2017, this was the time my house flooded, dealing with contractors, moving stuff out of here back to Baltimore , now i am finally here, so really both are fairly new to me, i do have an advantage from knowing the etracs, i have only ran the CTX3030 with the 17 coil a few times at the beach, really i need to learn the CTX3030s and the Equinox now, all my other machines i know, i ran E-trac's now i must learn both the CTX3030 and Nox, sorry bro., Earl PS keep in mind the reason why i traded in my E-trac for CTX3030 is i was moving to the beach, so a semi water proof detector was in need, i had bad luck in 2017 bro., hope 2018 is much better . now i can finally have some fun 10 miles from the beach.

I got one used June 2016 gen 2- CTX in Nov 2017, the other new -Jan 2017, this was the time my house flooded, dealing with contractors, moving stuff out of here back to Baltimore , now i am finally here, so really both are fairly new to me, i do have an advantage from knowing the etracs, i have only ran the CTX3030 with the 17 coil a few times at the beach, really i need to learn the CTX3030s and the Equinox now, all my other machines i know, i ran E-trac's now i must learn both the CTX3030 and Nox, sorry bro., Earl PS keep in mind the reason why i traded in my E-trac for CTX3030 is i was moving to the beach, so a semi water proof detector was in need, i had bad luck in 2017 bro., hope 2018 is much better . now i can finally have some fun 10 miles from the beach.

Maybe you can have some fun now that you got through the bad patch.

Teach that mutt of yours to smell gold. :lol::lol:

Lol

Mutt :shock: , Champion line CBR , here is his Grandfather, on the internet, Captain Moe > Chester River< Also my dog is related to Paul Walker's dog Boone, the guy who died on the movie's Fast and furious, Paul flew out to get his dog Boone from my breeder, my X girlfriends dog Breeze is also related , all in the same bloodline , as far as the sniffer goes , i would say even or better than a coon dog, and blood hound :shock:, happy hunting, Earl

Mutt :shock: , Champion line CBR , here is his Grandfather, on the internet, Captain Moe > Chester River< Also my dog is related to Paul Walker's dog Boone, the guy who died on the movie's Fast and furious, Paul flew out to get his dog Boone from my breeder, my X girlfriends dog Breeze is also related , all in the same bloodline , as far as the sniffer goes , i would say even or better than a coon dog, and blood hound :shock:, happy hunting, Earl

So you need a Gold hound. Wait, you got one called the Nox:grin::lol::grin::lol:

Back
Top Bottom