Button help please

BillyB

I went out for a short hunt today and dug this up in the woods. looks to be a button maybe? Any help would be great. its as round as a quater and about as thick.

Attachments

• OI000025.jpg
    OI000025.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 487
  • OI000027.jpg
    OI000027.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 417
not sure. with that type of back I say probably somewhere around Korean War time frame. may be someone has a book they could id it from.. nice button. Congrats

thank you. the only one i could find that was close is a ww1 army quatermaster collar pin

I was trying to research your piece. You’re correct with the quartermaster pin looking identical, but look at the key and the sword. They are in switched positions between your piece and a quartermaster insignia.

Part of a pair ..

See description of fig.18-36 and 18-37

Not necessarily. When collar disks were first adopted there was to be a branch insignia on each side as well as a US or state insignia on each side, circa 1908-1911 or so range. However this practice only lasted a short time and was discarded in favor of a US insignia on one side and the branch on the other. The eagle that faces to the right as you look at it is a little tricky to find. This WW1 era disk was likely worn by it self on the collar.

Back
Top Bottom