Crooked Faceplate (new Tesoro Silver uMax)

MudCake

Hello folks,

I ordered a new Silver uMax and it arrived just now. Upon inspecting the unit,
I see that the light beige faceplate (the front plate of plastic containing all of the knobs) is crooked. The upper area does not lay flat.

The top left corner of the faceplate is slightly popping out and cannot be pushed in. The top right corner of the faceplate is also popping out, and can be pushed in but will not stay in. Hence, the faceplate lays flat inside the control box on the bottom half, but not the top half.

Note that the left faceplate screw is not centered correctly (or the faceplate itself is off center).

Is this grounds to completely return the detector? Or should I unscrew the faceplate and try centering it? Has anyone ever dealt with this faceplate issue?

1fd5jt.jpg

28tvtkz.jpg

21o3akh.jpg

I would just try reseating the face plate. If it is solid but just a little off center I would let it go.

I would say to take out the screws and try to seat it properly. Do this with the battery out. You will not void the warranty by doing this btw.

Your pictures are way too big to see the faceplate. I have got new side decals for a few Tesoro's and replaced them but never a faceplate. I would contact the dealer you got it from or better yet the Tesoro factory and tell them and I bet they would send you out a new faceplate decal for you to put on, if you are not comfortable removing the knobs,toggle switch,etc, to change the faceplate decal then I would think that a good dealer would take care of you. If you do decide to do it yourself, a great product for removing the residue after peeling the old sticker off is goo gone, can get it right at Walmart, its amazing stuff and is cheap. I am pretty sure that the allen wrench you need to remove the knobs is a 6mm.

Thanks for all of your speedy replies.

I unscrewed the faceplate to readjust its position. The issue became less noticeable, but it seems that the top region is permanently bent outward. I'll call the dealer and Tesoro first thing in the morning. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom