Hit the surf lane after work and the surf gods smiled upon me again :)

Joe G

Wasn't the best time...  Tide was fairly high and on the way out, but I decided to go anyway,  just to get out.  Hit this nice 14k ticket with a little ice.  (fits perfectly too!).   On the way down to the surf,  I gave a little pointer to a kid with a green machine who was swinging about 8" off the ground :grin:

3478%3A9%3A5%3A%7Ffp347%3Enu%3D3233%3E986%3E2%3B8%3E23249863%3A9%3B4%3Bot1lsi

Any day I get a chance to hit the surf is a good day :grin:

thanks!

Nice ring! And it fits, that's just great!

Joe nice ring :) Joe are people going in the water on your side? Its looks like its going to be a bleak year here, not many using the water.

Lots of people in the water; especially when the temps were up there. Quite a few were in when I went the other night after work. The few times I went during "prime time" the beaches were packed with many in the surf. I'm actually looking forward to winter hunting at the beach... maybe we'll get some nor'easters to stir things up. Last winter was awful; too sanded in.

Just wish I could have gotten out more often this summer. Maybe at some point I'll become a water hunter :grin: Tried the bay the other day... the only thing I found was that my waders leak ( a lot )

Joe

I bought a pair of Simms Gortex waders... they are not cheap but they are good in winter and summer water hunting, they are light as a feather but warm in winter and breathable in summer.

I used to fly fish a lot before I started MD'ing. I have a pair of Orvis gortex boot foot waders. Same deal, light weight but with a pair of pants under them during the winter, they keep me nice and warm. They only have a 4 year pro-rated warranty but the last time I had a leaker, I went to one of their stores and asked the guy how much it would be to replace them. He said, "for you?, no charge". That's one of the reasons all of my fishing stuff is from them. Their customer service is incredible. They really back their stuff. I'll stop by the store again and see what they say this time...

Back
Top Bottom