Problem with New Nox 600

Thanks ohiochris...I see you have an AT Pro and the nox 600. I'd be going from the Pro to the Nox as well. In your experience with both, would you advise me going from the AT Pro to the Nox? Is it a better machine? I'm not expecting miracles, but I feel like I may be missing targets with the Pro that I might not with the Nox.

Going from the pro to the nox was a great decision for me. Both machines have their strong and weak points but the nox by far better in many situations. There is a learning curve but once you " get " what its telling you the difference ....while not miraculous.....will still blow your mind. It will likely take some patience and practice with it at first....and some " what the heck ? " moments....but you should be able to rehunt what you have already hunted with the pro and get a lot of stuff it missed.

The 600 is plenty fast. Fast enough that most of the time this part of your last reply isnt necessarily true even in some of the trashiest sites. More speed would be better , but even at 600 speed you can usually be just as assured of whats under the coil odds wise. Just saying your statement kind of assumes the 600 lacks the " necessary " speed and thats usually not the case.

Well, I have compared signals in iron infested sites on undisturbed targets using 800 comparing speed 6and speed 7. I am basing my comments on differences I noted.

Speed 6 on 800 is equal, to speed 3 on 600 unit.
I even found one coin using speed 8 on 800 unit. Speed 6 wouldn’t touch, speed 7 very borderline signal, a signal I likely would not have dug. All the above is using stock 11”coil.

And if you’ll review a lot of my test with 800 unit posted here on this forum actually, I use speed 7. This is no accident.

All I can do is report, folks can decide for themselves what they purchase.
Just don’t say I didn’t tell you so.

Modern trash testing also reflects speed 7 has advantages depending on detecting scenario.
A 600 modl user would have no way of knowing what I have witnessed.

Going from the pro to the nox was a great decision for me. Both machines have their strong and weak points but the nox by far better in many situations. There is a learning curve but once you " get " what its telling you the difference ....while not miraculous.....will still blow your mind. It will likely take some patience and practice with it at first....and some " what the heck ? " moments....but you should be able to rehunt what you have already hunted with the pro and get a lot of stuff it missed.
Good info, thanks again. I think I've made up my mind and am gonna go with the 600. I've read alot of good things about the 6" coil...have you had a chance to use it?

The main reason I went with the 800 over the 600 was the extra tone options. I like the fact that I can discriminate without using discrimination by turning the volume down or off or to a low tone on unwanted target ranges. Might not be as important to some folks but I find it really useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I don’t have 600 model instead 800 model.
If budget allows I recommend 800 model.
Why
A few reasons.
If you hunt nuggets.
If you would like to run a regular full pair of headphone wireless using single steam module the 800 is the one.

You can set high tone anywhere you desire with 800 model. Like a nickle window.
You could beach hunt with 800 model and turn off high conductive tone region, then dig only mid and lower conductors in search of gold and platinum.
You can do what I call a silent search using 800. Meaning rathe r than use disc, you can set tones to zero, so no tone whatsoever is provided. This can let Nox run smoother reporting on some scenarios.
800 model is better in heavier iron. Speeds of 7 and 8 gives user some added capability not had on 600 unit.
Relic hunters this really can help you believe me. Coins hunters toohunting pounded. sites.
Note hunting, the backlight is better option vs what it on 600 unit.
The 800 unit definitley can be tailored more for the user.
Modern trash hunting using 5 tones, 800 unit better unit vs 600.
For the utmost separation and unmasking the gold modes on the 800 unit are there not so with 600 unit. Again relic hunters this is a weapon to have in the field.
Manual noise cancel ismthere with 800, I haven’t run into a situation where I neededor thogutn I needed it.

It is your decision totally.
All I can do is post my deep down honest thoughts on the 800 unit vs the 600 unit based on my actual use of 800 model.

If you decide to get the small 6”coil, again the bonus features the 800 gives a purchaser are tremendous in my book.
User can set up 800 unit and hunt more by ear as they swing this lightning fast detector through polluted sites.

With a 600 unit you will not be as assured of exactly what’s under your coil. Odds wise.

Good luck.

You nailed it TN as the OP this is what I was trying to Do.. I wanted to Set Gold target ranges to be a "special" tone to alert me.. I realize it would of went off for other items but still I wanted it to get my attention. Had I known the 600 didn't I may have leaned towards the 800 but.. either one will find gold so oh well I guess.

Last edited:
Good info, thanks again. I think I've made up my mind and am gonna go with the 600. I've read alot of good things about the 6" coil...have you had a chance to use it?

I dont have the 6" coil but I intend to get one when I have the chance. As quick and effective as the stock coil is in dense trash , the smaller coil should be amazing

You nailed it TN as the OP this is what I was trying to Do.. I wanted to Set Gold target ranges to be a "special" tone to alert me.. I realize it would of went off for other items but still I wanted it to get my intention. Had I known the 600 didn't I may have leaned towards the 800 but.. either one will find gold so oh well I guess.

Okay, like I said, it doesn’t matter to me which unit folks buy.
I give free info here. My goal is I want folks to be satisfied with whatever they buy.
If a person isn’t satisfied with 600 unit when bought and opt for 800 unit later, person may lose some dough in the process.

A little more info here as to how the 800 unit can help a person find higher conductors like coins p, silver rings in a polluted modern trash site.
Sure a person can go in and have say their high tone set to go off at 20 and above. But this may not find all higher conductors.
So a person can go back in and lower tone break to 19 and hunt and maybe find more.
They can go back in a d lower to even 18 and hunt again.

Granted doing this exposes a person to digging some junk.
But Nox with correct speed and setup will likely average less so mixed conductors. Even better than fbs detectors in some scenarios.

Just thought I would share.
Lots of folks I figure have questions about the 2units.

Btw, Xp Deus can’t keep up with Nox in a modern trash site. 11”coil vs11”coil. And believe it or not, even the Deus with 9”LF coil, there’s are situations it can’t keep up with Nox either.
Done been there and done that.
And none of the above is talking about the demon 6”coil for Nox.

The above info, doesn’t not take into account the new coming X35coils for Deus.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom