Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Old 01-20-2018, 11:42 PM
Elite Member

Default On the board early this year

Found a segment of beach with very little sand with mostly hard packed shell fragments and rocks. Completely unheard of here in my section Florida but I found one - it's only about 20 yards long but LOADED with targets. Several sections I was using the pinpointer going from target to target. Almost all the targets are near the surface since the hard pack stopped them from sinking. Tons of sinkers - the first trip there I found at least 40 and today I found even more.....

Trip one I found 4 junker rings and ton of crusty coins - no recent drops. If there were recent drops they left with the top sand. Trip 2 (today) I concentrated on clearing out everything since the junk targets were masking the good......I got to the spot late and only a couple hours before high tide so the strip I worked was only 8ft by 30ft but still found a ton of coins all were worn thin or crusty.

Found 3 rings today.... 1 gold plated - 2 crusty (hopefully silver) BUT I did find an 18K gold pendant. It's the size of a dime but it's still gold and I'm on the board!!!!

Anyone have a suggestion on how to clean the crusty ring???
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2018, 12:06 AM
Elite Member

Nice gold!

(3)Gold jewelry ($58.20)Clad

Old 01-21-2018, 12:43 AM

I'd give about anything to be able to detect the treasure coast of Florida!

The Good Lord has led me to; one 1890-cc silver dollar, 1 Barber quarter, 1 mint Standing Liberty quarter, 9 silver washington quarters, 5 Standing Liberty half's, 3 Buffalo nickels, 2 Barber dimes, 68 Mercury dimes, 60 Roosevelt dimes, $615 clad, 6 gold rings, 5 silver rings, 1 returned gold wedding band

Old 01-21-2018, 12:57 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by rob.ream258 View post
Found 3 rings today.... 1 gold plated - 2 crusty (hopefully silver) BUT I did find an 18K gold pendant.
Whoop-oop!!! Congrats!!!!

Originally Posted by goldpaninut View post
I'd give about anything to be able to detect the treasure coast of Florida!
I work on the east coast of Florida and hunt in the shipwreck area's once a month. There are more many bloody detectorists than seagulls. Blahhhhh, been there in good and bad weather, good conditions and bad conditions....I've always found more and more valuable items in the parking lot than the beach.

BTW, I've even used GPR there. Blah x2! For 400 years those beaches have been getting hammered. And during the last 30 years they've been visited by millions in hopes of finding the same stuff. Since the stuff isn't replenished, the chances of finding something, anything, are exponentially decreasing each hour.

Old 01-21-2018, 05:01 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by rob.ream258 View post
Found a segment of beach with very little sand with mostly hard packed shell fragments and rocks. Completely unheard of here in my section Florida but I found one - it's only about 20 yards long but LOADED with targets. Several sections I was using the pinpointer going from target to target. Almost all the targets are near the surface since the hard pack stopped them from sinking. Tons of sinkers - the first trip there I found at least 40 and today I found even more.....

Trip one I found 4 junker rings and ton of crusty coins - no recent drops. If there were recent drops they left with the top sand. Trip 2 (today) I concentrated on clearing out everything since the junk targets were masking the good......I got to the spot late and only a couple hours before high tide so the strip I worked was only 8ft by 30ft but still found a ton of coins all were worn thin or crusty.

Found 3 rings today.... 1 gold plated - 2 crusty (hopefully silver) BUT I did find an 18K gold pendant. It's the size of a dime but it's still gold and I'm on the board!!!!

Anyone have a suggestion on how to clean the crusty ring???
Compliments on the 18k and your finds! Thanks for sharing. Congrats!

Old 01-21-2018, 10:25 AM
Elite Member

Congrats on the gold.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:26 AM
Elite Member

Congrats on the gold. A good start for sure.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:35 AM
Elite Member

Congrats on the gold,looks like it says fadwa? I don't know?