4 days of detecting = $215 in clad + silver coins & jewellery

sandgroper

Elite Member
Here are my finds from my recent detecting holiday (past four days). Main focus of the trip was spendable coins and jewellery, but I also hunted an old site where I got two silvers (1909 English shilling and 1917 Australian threepence). Other interesting finds include a silver ring which has “F*** I love you” written on it (it sells for $150AUD online), a silver unicorn charm from Pandora (the horn of the unicorn is 18k gold, the charm costs $65AUD new), two (possibly) silver earrings (I haven’t had a proper look for markings but they look and rang up as silver, one of them might be gold plated) and two costume rings. Clad total came to $215.70 (my goal was $70!), one playground in particular was very productive, I got $47+ in an hour, reason being because it belongs to a cafe that only accepts cash! :D The place was full of kids but that wasn’t going to stop me ;) Thanks for looking and good luck out there!

Attachments

• IMG_2185.jpg
    IMG_2185.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 864
  • IMG_2189.jpg
    IMG_2189.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 848
  • IMG_2190.jpg
    IMG_2190.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 857
  • IMG_2192.jpg
    IMG_2192.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 867
  • IMG_2194.jpg
    IMG_2194.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 836
I can see why they call you Sandgroper:lol: Way to go! Think my best in 4 hunt clad would be about 50 bucks. And that's about a record for me. Think I got 28 bucks in one hunt for the record?

What? Over 50 bucks a day in clad ? 4 days in a row ?
I would t be able to walk ! Or sit ...🤔... I do not think I would even be able to lay down !!!

I can see why they call you Sandgroper:lol: Way to go! Think my best in 4 hunt clad would be about 50 bucks. And that's about a record for me. Think I got 28 bucks in one hunt for the record?

:lol: Thanks! $28 in one hunt is good too, considering that your highest most common denomination coin is 25c!

Holy smokes that's a lot of clad, nice finds on the jewelry too, Congrats!

Thanks Ron! :)

Wow! Just wow! :gettinmoney:

Thank you! :grin:

Wow, that's a lot of digging. Congrats on the finds.

Thanks Jam! Thankfully most of the stuff I found was in sand, otherwise I would've had a really hard time...

Nice assortment of finds there! Congrats on finding so much good stuff!

Thank you! :D

Nice digs!!!!

Thanks Vermonster!

That's a really cool charm, excellent digging there, congrats!

Thank you, that charm is quite interesting, I love finding Pandora jewellery.

What? Over 50 bucks a day in clad ? 4 days in a row ?
I would t be able to walk ! Or sit ...🤔... I do not think I would even be able to lay down !!!

First day I got something like $25, second day $85, third day $38 and last day $67, all from in and around beaches and playground.

What's the @uck I love you ring made of? Interesting piece..

It's made of silver. Weighs a little of 10g and is made by Cast of Vices, definitely one of the more intriguing rings I've found.

Your an awesome mega cladder man... massive haul in only 4 days!! And you got rings too!! Keep it up!!

Atpro dude

Thank you, and thanks for those kind words! I guess the rings are just a bonus! :)

Man, having large denomination coins must be nice!

Without them I think I would've only found a fraction of what I found.

That's a lot of finds.

Lot of digging too.

Like the little unicorn thingy.

Congrats.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you! I always like finding Pandora jewellery, doesn't happen very often though.

Congrats on the days. Not many virgin spots left out there. Good luck on the next hunt!

Thanks! Virgin sites are getting harder and harder to find, but every now and then you find one :)

Back
Top Bottom