Nokta Makro Legend feedback, use, comparisons, etc

Yep, I have tried to stay off of this topic too but this last video with Equinox and Legend over a nickel, half dollar, quarter, nickel test and the subsequent Deus 2 test showed clearly why you just can't trust TNSS even when he repeatedly says "No Tricks Boys". Not saying TNSS is dishonest. But he is comparing metal detectors with different settings..........

harleyhummmer65, I own and know how to use all three detectors mentioned above just to get that straight. I don't need anyone to tell me how they work or don't work depending on which way the wind is blowing......

I tested this scenario on all three detectors. All three detectors to one degree or another will blank/null between the nickels and the half dollar or quarter. It is a little hard to hear that using external speakers on a video. It's really easy to hear that nulling with headphones on. TNSS calls that being "all tied up". It is actually each detector trying to respond with a discriminated target ID/tone, in this case iron TIDs and tones.

TNSS only put the Equinox in all metal once for a really short time and claimed he didn't hear any iron tones. I certainly did and saw iron IDs too

The Legend was "all tied up" because it was also trying to respond with iron tones when setup in the F discrimination pattern which rejects iron tones and IDs. Iron responses were easy to hear between the nickels and their adjacent high conductor coins when it was setup with 60 tones with the A discrimination pattern or all targets accepted.

"Not getting that iron mess that machine over there is getting" is referring to the Equinox in 50 tones but actually it's 40 tones since TNSS had iron rejected, not getting that iron mess that the Legend was getting in 60 tones with iron accepted........well I certainly hope not.

As for Deus 2, it also will blank and null on those targets similarly. In Sensitive, 60 tones with discrimination set above zero, you will not hear any of that "iron mess" either. Lower the discrimination into the below 0 range and you will hear plenty of "iron mess"

It's all relative, especially when the tester sets the detectors up differently. Set them up as close to the same you will get similar results.

Like others have reported, my Legend with the 11" coil setup like TNSS set his up gets good numbers with some blanking but I swing the Legend coils really flat, not with a noticeable arc like what I saw in those videos.

I don't hunt modern coins using full tones with the Legend, Equinox or Deus 2. That's just my preference for quicker audio ID recognition. For the Legend I use 6 tones which correspond to iron, small foil/aluminum and each coin type (lumping clad/silver dimes and copper pennies together) I also always have some of the iron target IDs accepted like the Legend's G =ground discrimination setting. So my Legend doesn't get "all tied up" when I coin and jewelry hunt. Coin spills will have a little blanking but nothing like what TNSS showed.......

Last edited:
Could a person come across a similar situation in the wild detecting? Maybe.
And what could be the results gotten?

I show differences, what I see. I have never said Legend won’t find coins, jewelry,etc.

I show differences with other models too.
And again could these scenarios I shown be run up on in the wild?

I have actually shown Legend in the wild showing where Park 1 multi failed ID wise on a deeper clad dime (masked) whereas Beach wet some much better job. Use of beach 1 and ID Presented cause me to infact dig the dime. I showed other real world examples too where masking was causing PArk M1 to give faulty ID.
And I was able to show this what park 1 M1 was doing vs beachnwet indeed on elevated tests above the ground.

Hmmm its almost like TNS sets his tests up in order to get the results he wants? I wonder why he would ever do such a thing? :lol:

If you think my videos are faulty. Don’t watch.
Some folks though do like them. And they know full well I am the real deal with looking at VLF detectors.
How VLF detectors are rated, ranked, recommended or not recommend depending is based on how they compare to other models. Real simple.

Some folks though do like them. And they know full well I am the real deal with looking at VLF detectors.
How VLF detectors are rated, ranked, recommended or not recommend depending is based on how they compare to other models. Real simple.

The how do you explain such wildly different results? Your tests show some pretty significant deficiencies that others seem to be able to debunk pretty easily.

The how do you explain such wildly different results? Your tests show some pretty significant deficiencies that others seem to be able to debunk pretty easily.

I have done some of the same and similar tests multiple times. Outcome more or less the same.
I have a bud who has done similar and he gets similar results.
Granted these examples don’t show the whole detector capabilities. But one could expose their detector to such a situation. And strange things could happen.

And don't worry when I get home today I am going to recreate this stuff myself just to see what happens. If your results are legit I'll have no problem coming back here and eating crow.

Hmmm its almost like TNS sets his tests up in order to get the results he wants? I wonder why he would ever do such a thing? :lol:

Lol. Well that's one way. The other way, is how jmaclen so eloquently put it, in a few posts up.

I have a bud who has done similar and he gets similar results.

No surprise that it's one of your "buds".

Why is it that all the Legend owners who aren't your bud, and are strangers to each other, can hit all the coins that you always miss? ---cough---XP shill---cough---.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom