Strange token

Pumptech

Forum Supporter
Found this the other day while digging. It seems to be a metal token of some sorts. It is the same size as a quarter with the same image on both sides. It is lighter metal than the quarter.

Attachments

• token1.jpg
    token1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 770
  • token2.jpg
    token2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 721
  • token3.jpg
    token3.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 714
Set it on edge and spin it. Do it a couple of times until you find the bottom of the token. Might be a pictograph.

I think somebody will need to be familiar with it already to ID it. Not much to go on for ebay and google searches. The spinner idea is a good one. I'd definitely give it a try.

Maybe the dashes and vertical lines are Morse code. I don't have the time this morning to try to decipher it, though...

Without the spacing it is tough to decipher. I tried a little. However, since people are still trying to decipher what the STENDEC transmission meant, good luck. For those who don't know, there was an airliner that disappeared in the late 40's and the last transmission was the mysterious "STENDEC".

-- Tom

Set it on edge and spin it. Do it a couple of times until you find the bottom of the token. Might be a pictograph.

Great idea, would have never thought of that!

Might turn out to be a treasure Map to the Templar Treasure lol

My Girlfriend and I had a good day in a local soccer field, came across this coin/token. we are in Houston tx. I have looked into everything I can with little to no info. BUT! I believe we have discovered that it may be a token that imitates a Parisii coin. Also the token we found has one more dot at the end. Very strange how this token has been found in two far off states.

My Girlfriend and I had a good day in a local soccer field, came across this coin/token. we are in Houston tx. I have looked into everything I can with little to no info. BUT! I believe we have discovered that it may be a token that imitates a Parisii coin. Also the token we found has one more dot at the end. Very strange how this token has been found in two far off states.

Wow, you're definitely on the right track with the Parisii design influence. Strange that the two examples posted this week are identical except the pattern/number of dashes. Board/card game piece is a pretty good possibility.

Last edited:
for grins I ran it through google images and it matched it up to a Roosevelt dime. huh??

Back
Top Bottom