From glory days to a broken heart...

A+ third post, would read again.

In all seriousness, if you really did sell all that for $1100 you made a huge error in judgement. Second, hospital bills don't require you sell everything (Your kids PS3?!, really?) in order to pay them, they can and do make arrangements. Frankly, I'm not buying your story at all. Plus your previous posts don't mention any kind of problem or sale so I find the likelihood of you having sold stuff HERE doubtful.

I hope I can be proved wrong, in which case I'm sorry, but somehow I doubt it.

sorry for your situation. Maybe getting back to work will give you some purpose, it will also allow you to make some money to buy a new detector.

maybe you can go try your luck at coin roll hunting. You invest 50 $ in halfs, and you cash it 50$ worth of halfs.. its a way to hunt, without equipment!!

sometimes life throws us curve balls, we can either swing for the fences or try to wait out the pitcher for walk!

Good Luck & happy Hunting

I just sneezed and stained the back of my pants...can someone send me a 6" CTX coil, please?

You should have told the hospital that you would send them $20 bucks a week.

I have an extra E-Trac and an extra CTX... You can have either, I don't need them.

My friend, I understand. I was/am in the same boat. I had a job, and my partner had a job. Then we both lost out jobs. We worked for the same company and the owner decided to downsize. Overnight we were badly hit.

Like you, I sold my metal detecting stuff, TV, furnishings, family jewelry etc to eat, and pay bills. I went into bankruptcy which helped a LOT. It is NOT as terrifying as one might think. Mine was triggered by a collapse, hospital stay and two emergency surgeries.

Talk to a lawyer about declaring bankruptcy. It is sometimes the ONLY way "out" and it can be done. I am legally blind and poor, but I managed it. YOu can as well.

As to metal detecting... I had a Tesoro Silver Sabre and I LOVED MDing... that of course ended and I felt that I would NEVER get back to detecting at all. However, I got on here to talk to people and someone put me on to a deal that could NOT be surpassed!

Start at the bottom again, my friend. That is the way to do it. Go to the HobbyLobby website. They have renewing weekly 40% off coupons and with one of those you can buy a $90.00 Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, at a cost of $60.00 You simply can NOT beat that deal, unless you find one lying around or hit garage sales or Craigslist.

Yes, I briefly considered asking for help online, as you have done, and I didn't really WANT to go back to a basic "cheapie" detector... BUT.... My BHT4 is *mine*. Bought with my own money. It took me three months to save up the $50 I had, and a friend loaned me the extra $10 to buy the detector. But having done it MYSELF, I feel a greater pride and freedom.

I do not yet have a good digger. I'm using a kitchen spatula. I do still have my two screwdrivers I used before, the Big Honking scredriver and the Honking Big Screwdriver and they work a treat! I still cannot afford a pinpointer, but I'm working on saving the $15 or so to get a Harbor Freight one.

To someone swinging a 2K MineLab, my "setup" looks pathetic, I'm sure... BUT.... it is not the detector. It's the walking. It's the fun. It's the companionship. Losing my tesoro and my "stuff" (TV, computer, jewelry, etc) showed me that at the bottom of it all is LIFE! Every day I spend mourning the loss of my "good detector" or my TV is a day... *above ground*... that I do NOT have, to ENJOY being above ground.

To *paraphrase* Janis Joplin "Say you got (your stuff) man, for one day, Y'know? For ONE DAY, man... you can spend 364 days crying, man, but you're gonna LOSE that ONE day. So I'm tellin' ya, you got just ONE day, you better grab it and hold onto it man, you better make that one day your LIFE, man! You got to get it while you can!"

You are alive. You are able to walk. You are able to see. You are able to swing a detector. Don't spend the 364 days looking back. It will only ruin the one day. Make it count, Son. Make it count with whatever you have. You WILL win. I know. I'm winning, right now.

SageGrouse

I have an older bounty hunter that I (the kids) do not use...but I have no clue how to get it to you. If you want to come down for some sun, then feel free to drop by and pick it up. I am near Cape Canaveral Fl. off of I-95.

Scam or not, I learned long ago to do what is right in my heart...if it is a scam, then he will have to make good with God when the time comes.

May your life turn around and you find some lost gold treasure and become instantly wealthy. If not, it will give you some exercise :)

In these days of scams and spams it is hard to decipher the genuine from the counterfeit! There is always someone who is trying to make a quick buck out of someone else! I do find it strange that the forum has been utilized in this way, on the other hand it could be the genuine article, and "a friend in need is a friend in deed!" Perhaps we should give him the benefit of the doubt, as indeed some all ready have by their generous words and actions! I guess it's a battle between heart and mind?

Just so everyone knows... We have a rule about members asking for donations/free detectors on this forum. They need to have staff approval before posting. This member has posted without approval from the staff.

This rule was put into place because of a previous scam, where a member asked for a detector on several md forums, received 3 of them free and then turned around and sold them here.

No need to despair! Everything will change for the better. I few years ago, almost a year i could not find a good job.
I went digging, as a job, was selling that are, has written several articles for historical journals, published a small book. It is quite enough for a family of three.
You can find how to make money if you do not give up.

Thanks for posting Carol.
I have to admit I was torn on this post as to what to do. I mean, life hasn't been exactley all roses for the General lately either.:lol:
Your heart says yes and your mind says:?:
I think its a good rule to have.:yes:

Just out of interest this guys two previous posts in 2011 were about artefacts he wanted identifying? However to only post twice and then "rattle the can!" two years later is a bit strange? Possibly if he had been a regular contributor the situation may have been different? The rules are the rules; we don't make them we can only break them!

i think i'd be workin on gettin a car, tv, ps3 for the kid and a computer (oh you must have one since you posted this) before wanting another detector. you can still go on those long walks without one

Well, there will always be scams and scammers. *shrug* BUT there will also, always be those who are down on their luck also.

Some 25 years ago, when I lived in Hollywood, I was walking my dog, on a cold winter day, and there was a fellow, huddled on the ground, trying to sleep in a vacant field. The day was *cold* and he was shivering. I returned home, found a warm blanket, and carried it back out to him. He was asleep, so I gently laid the thick cover over him. He woke up cursing. He shook his fist at me, called me several vile names and told me to leave him alone.

I did so. Rather hastily I might add. But I NEVER regretted my action. Some time later, I saw him at a bus stop, wrapped in the blanket. He never thanked me. *shrug* So what? He was warm and that is what I wanted. Even today, broke as I am, I *will* give whatever I have in my purse, to a homeless person. ALWAYS.

"But he might use it for drugs!" I hear. Again, *shrug* I have no control over the actions of another. I DO have control over my OWN actions. I will *always* do my best to err on the side of generosity, forgiveness, charity, kindness. Because, you see, I don't control the homeless, the poor, the scammers, the needy, the criminal, etc... I control *me*.

I've been taken advantage of, yes. But I have ALSO been in the position of truly helping. I assisted a friend in obtaining her Social Security Disability. Since then she has been very unkind to me, BUT... I helped her stay in her home! Would I do it again, knowing that she would turn on me? YES! Because I KNOW that I did the *right thing*. Her life is better because of my actions. THAT is my payment.

I do not need gratitude for my actions. It's nice, to be sure! I LOVE it when people are appreciative... but that's NOT why I do it. Day by day, every day, week, year, we ALL make decisions. Litle ones. Should I give a dollar to this guy? Should I let that lady in front of me in line? Should I slow down and let that car in ahead of me? Should I hold the door for that mother with the stroller? Little decisions. Tiny seemingly insignificant ones. But if you try to make all the small decisions for good... the larger ones take care of themselves.

Have I led a good life? I don't know. And I don't worry about it. I handle what I *can* handle and leave the rest up to God. He knows if I held that door because all I wanted was the lady to turn around and say "Thank you." or if I just held it because I wanted to make her day 15 seconds easier. "When giving alms, let not your right hand know what your left hand doeth but give in secret and your Father, who sees all, will reward you, openly."... or something like that.

Never forget... EVERYTHING counts! Everything.

SageGrouse

Back
Top Bottom