1857 house nets me BEST SILVER DAY EVER! 6 SILVERS INCLUDING 2nd EVER HALF!

gseuser

Elite Member
Hey everyone I’ve been on a month hiatus trying to balance 4 jobs (broke college student in the summer) and haven’t had hardly any time to detect. Well on Wednesday I finally had a day off so I got out with my friend Zach from Down South Detecting and we went deep into Missouri and knocked a lot of doors but no one was home. That’s what brought us to a sleeper looking 1857 house. The owner was extremely nice and showed us the property including a civil war bayonet he found as a kid! We were chomping at the bit To get at it. Well five minutes in Zach had a Rosie and I had a Merc then a few minutes later I had another Merc and then a few minutes later I had a war nickel and then I got a nice deep High Tone, one of those that makes your heart stop, and being we were at a house from 1857 I was thinking large cent all day but was very pleasantly surprised when a half dollar rolled out of the plug. I started shaking because this is my second ever silver half dollar and my first ever walking liberty! I was so stoked. After being there for quite a few hours we walked away with a modern Silver haul and not a single time period Relic. We were wondering what the heck that was all about. The landowner let us keep everything he just wanted to see it but he told us a family friend had basically hunted that yard several days in a row a few years ago. I don’t know what he found but based off what we found I bet that yard was completely loaded. Thanks for looking at my long read.
1f29ebd7a0c09c9fd13673c15c2745af.jpg
2d3a0b084c666091aa6640a3fa8fd12a.jpg
615ee15068a28c8db3b3ef8acbb6855d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on the great hunt. Looks like the first hunter was a bit sloppy if he missed that much (not to disparage your skills at finding targets!). Got to believe there is more in the ground. Hope you get the chance to go back sometime.

Back
Top Bottom