Found my first Indian fty

Ron 71

Forum Supporter
I was able to get a short one hour hunt in early this morning before work,
My first target was a 44 wheat penny and I thought my second was a wheatie as well,
It wasn't until I got home I found the second penny was a 1903 IHP :cool:
That was a nice surprise as it's only the third IHP I have found in four years.
Thanks for looking and HH everyone!

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

Ron, congrats on the IHP, always a treat, next to silver its my favorite. I would think you guys would find alot up there. Huh ? Good luck Mark

Congrats on the Indian Head! 👍🏻
Thanks Jonny!
Nice find for sure...congrats!
Thank you JAK!
Ron, congrats on the IHP, always a treat, next to silver its my favorite. I would think you guys would find alot up there. Huh ? Good luck Mark
Thanks Mark! I'm sure they're still around here I just need to spend less time hunting easy clad and search for them. HH Mark!
Congrats on your indian. Nice find!
Thanks Jam!
Way to go finding that IHP! They are tough to find.
Thanks Lee!
Injuns are always great in the hole, congrats Ron
Thanks Pete!

Here’s a few numbers for you Ron. In close to nine years of detecting, Ive found about 35 Indians compared to roughly 450 silver coins. This of course has a lot to do with my style of hunting high conductors, but Indians are NOT easy to run across even if my discrimination is set to accept them. I would actually rather find a nice older Indian than a silver Rosie, they’re just that much older, and I hunt OLD!
So, just finding a few in your span of time isn’t uncommon, they are just a little elusive and can be in that dreaded range of rotten zinc and good reading pull tabs, which I try to avoid. It’s nice to find one in good condition, but around here they are pretty much all very toasted, so that’s tough. Keep pluggin’ away, more will pop up, along with other stuff you won’t like...:yes:

Here’s a few numbers for you Ron. In close to nine years of detecting, Ive found about 35 Indians compared to roughly 450 silver coins. This of course has a lot to do with my style of hunting high conductors, but Indians are NOT easy to run across even if my discrimination is set to accept them. I would actually rather find a nice older Indian than a silver Rosie, they’re just that much older, and I hunt OLD!
So, just finding a few in your span of time isn’t uncommon, they are just a little elusive and can be in that dreaded range of rotten zinc and good reading pull tabs, which I try to avoid. It’s nice to find one in good condition, but around here they are pretty much all very toasted, so that’s tough. Keep pluggin’ away, more will pop up, along with other stuff you won’t like...:yes:

In the four years Iv'e been detecting I have spent a large amount of that time hunting clad. It took a long time for it to happen but the fun in that type of hunt has been falling off fast, Just started to feel like more of a chore than a hobby. I really don't need the clad, I still have every coin I ever dug. I just recently decided to spend my time looking for old coins, I doubt I'll ever put up huge numbers but the important thing is I'm having fun with it again.

And the fun thing about IH's we find is : The cruddy gunk and zits and green patina, right ? Who cares about sissy coin-collecting numismatics. They wouldn't be half as fun to dig, if they came out of the ground candy-apple clean and nice, right ? ? :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom