Pocket Full of Silver Update

goldpaninut

Last week my son Jason found some amazing silver coins in an old burned out hotel / saloon in the gold rush country of California where he lives. Today he sent me some photos of some other things he found at the same site during the past week. There are two silver Washington quarters he found that are not shown.....he hasn't sent me pictures of them yet! The pictures are pretty self explaining, as he has labeled them well. It is my understanding that there has been 3 hotels on this site since the 1860s, all of which have burnt.....the last one in the early 1960s. He finds some things in the ash layers that are really in good shape, such as the 1896 Morgan silver dollar! This is his third silver dollar! The old locks are interesting and one even still has a broken key in it!

Attachments

• IMG_0440.jpg
    IMG_0440.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0444.jpg
    IMG_0444.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0443.jpg
    IMG_0443.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 227
Tell Jason....Holy CATS man! He had better be digging anything non-ferrous, he’s got a HELL of a shot at even more astounding finds! What a SPOT!!

Some fantastic and historically amazing recoveries. Your son has a site most of us would envy. Congratulate him and I hope you can join up with him soon to share the adventures. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom