ordered a Dr. Otek pin pointer

Absolutely NOTHING wrong with the Garrett! I like that I can use vibrate only without light on F Pulse. Picky, I know. As a matter of fact, I've heard now that the vibration is more robust with the carrot, so now it's a debate over one without Z link or tekpointer!:?:
That's the kind of thing I went through when trying to decide. I finally went with the ZLynk kit for use with my AT Pro and I really like the wireless headphones. Then I bought the Nox 800 and needed a second pointer for my wife. I thought I would use the carrot and she could have the old Garrett. The first time out everytime I used the pointer she heard it in her headphones. I knew that wouldn't work so I bought another carrot without Zlynk. Now I have the old one as a backup.

Cliff

Thanks for the responses. I saw 2 reviews on youtube for the Otek with different results. One was better and one was worse. This may be due to quality control issues. I guess it's a gamble to buy cheap. I think I got lucky! I should advise you that it does have a sound, but to me it's sound is more of a buzz, not a tone.

Last edited:
Thanks to all as it's not simple to find reviews pertinent to everyone's tastes. Tekpointer, for instance, is the only one where ALL functions are adjustable but I never could find out if the vibration was strong enough to feel underwater.:wow:

Back
Top Bottom