What banks will still take deposits of rolled coins?

abbynormal

Elite Member
I have lots of coins rolled up and want to exchange them, without having to use coinstar, etc. Where can I do this? My main bank that I use for all my accounts is actually a distance bank, as I live in PA and use USAA out of Texas, so that is not an option.
I want to be able to just take my rolls in and trade them for cash- preferably without waiting while they unroll them and try to put them thru their machine- want to do on my short lunch break.
I used to be able to put an address label and a phone number on them and take them to any bank, even without an account.
What would you recommend?

Thanks!

I have lots of coins rolled up and want to deposit them in a bank. Where can I do this? My main bank that I use for all my accounts is actually a distance bank, as I live in PA and use USAA out of Texas, so that is not an option.
I want to be able to just take my rolls in and trade them for cash- preferably without waiting while they unroll them and try to put them thru their machine- want to do on my short lunch break.
I used to be able to put an address label and a phone number on them and take them to any bank, even without an account.
What would you recommend?

Thanks!

If you don't have an account at one in your area it might be hard. I believe all you can do is call around to local ones and see.

If they are not clean you will find it almost impossible to get rid of them.

Your question is for deposits. You won't be making a deposit, you want them exchanged.

I tumble all of my clad and cash it in at the end of the year. At my bank it takes literally less than 30 seconds for their machine to count all of my clad, usually $100 to $200 worth.

Here in my area there are some banks that provide this service for free, whether you have an account there or not.

I doubt if any banks accept rolled coins these days.

I have never encountered a bank that doesn't take rolled coins and I use many banks.

I have never encountered a bank that doesn't take rolled coins and I use many banks.
No banks in my town wil accept rolled coins, too many theifs who try and short the rolls, they all have counters they run the coins thru, it is fast, only takes a minute

I'm at a credit union in a very large city and that's all they take. No loose coins. Only rolled. No acct necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I deal with Bank of America and all I do is take the rolls in and they give me cash, don't even ask me of ID. I don't go into the bank to often so not many of the teller even know if I have an account there.

My gas station guy is glad to get them especially Quarters . I tumble them and they come out presentable .

My bank only accepts loose coins, even from account holders. They have a counter/sorter and don't charge for account holders and a percentage for non-account holders. I dumped $23.00 worth of pennies and from the time I left my car to the time I got back in my car was less than five minutes.

Doug

It seems to me that you've wasted more time whining and trying to "beat the system" than you would have just going in and waiting while they followed their procedure.

If you are making a deposit I think they have to take them?? In my area I've never had a problem?

Don't let them screw you with their machine. I had my wife take all my rolled pennies to the bank and they told her I was off by $1.58. :mad::mad:

I carefully counted, and recounted every one of those as I rolled them. I was not off in my count. Certainly not $1.58. Yeah, it's not much money, but it's the principal. I would have made them hand count every one had I been there.

Papa

My bank has a thing similar to coin-star. BUT they don't charge. Ask around at banks.

my bank is national penn on 5th street and they only accept rolled coins (they don't have a counter),so I take all mine to my wifes bank (Susquehanna bank) since they have a coin counter, not sure if they'd accept them if you don't have an account tho. might wanna call Fleetwood bank or that one at the corner in lyons.

Back
Top Bottom