1954 dime with error on the 4?

I figured you guys probably know more about coins than anywhere else on the board. My aunt recently passed and we are going through some of her collection and getting it together to give to my cousins. We came across this, and I didn't see mention of it in the redbook. Is it some kind of error coin/mis-strike?
Any help would be appreciated. My cousins don't really know the value of anything, so trying to help them out.

Thanks!

123.jpg

If you have any other coins you are looking to sell or need me info on you can ask and you can sell in the FS section or at Auction.

Not really looking to sell it. Just wondering if anyone knows of an error coin this year. I've looked around the net to see if it is something rare or worth checking into with a pro?

Looks odd around the lower rim under the date. You need a better and bigger close-up shot. It could be a "grease-filled" die error. Could be a "stuck-through" error. Or just plain after mint damage.

Struck through errors carry a bit higher premium than grease-filled die errors. But not much unless part of that object is still attached to the coin.

Looks odd around the lower rim under the date. You need a better and bigger close-up shot. It could be a "grease-filled" die error. Could be a "stuck-through" error. Or just plain after mint damage.

Struck through errors carry a bit higher premium than grease-filled die errors. But not much unless part of that object is still attached to the coin.

Yeah I had noticed the strange rim too.

Back
Top Bottom