Trick or treat?

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Well, KT was hoping for a Halloween Treat this week but Loomis pulled a trick on ye King! 5 boxes and not one silver, nor a proof, an 87 nor a commemorative. Only 14 NICFs....not much for the 4 hour effort. Not worth a picture in KT's opinion.

Well, on to next week.

Well, his majesty knew the streak had to end at some point. Perhaps his royal luck will pick up next week. On a side note, I hit the local beach yesterday for about 45 minutes, pulled a hefty 3 pennies, 2 zinc and 1 copper. I can relate to the struggle.

Well, his majesty knew the streak had to end at some point. Perhaps his royal luck will pick up next week. On a side note, I hit the local beach yesterday for about 45 minutes, pulled a hefty 3 pennies, 2 zinc and 1 copper. I can relate to the struggle.

Man, that is ruff! But It's hunts like that and like KT's CRH that makes one appreciate it when ya do get some goodies! By the end of this week's hunt KT would have been elated to have gotten a decent proof! :laughing::laughing:

Sorry to hear of this dry spell Your Majesty...Yeah, seems theres no good and decent coins out there even in the Totters anymore...not like just a few years back anyway..prepaid lunches...no vending machines, no cash concessions at the stadiums...Man, Its tough to make a living now a days! I coundt even find a candy bar this morning! generally, the school totters are just loaded up with them on Halloween weekend like this...What the frig is the World coming to? :laughing:
Mud

Not enough coinage and too much plastic, me thinks!

When KT dumped His coinage, He looked down at the reject bin and LO! It appeared that there was 16 cents...a dime, a nickel, and a penny in the slot. KT scooped them up and into the Royal Pocket.

But when His Majesty returned to the Castle and was about to put those finds in the Royal Change Box...He looked closely at the dime's edge and it was solid white metal...??? Then He looked at the portrait and realized it was a foreign coin...after checking around on the internet, He finally this evening found a pic of the coin...only 30,000 minted...not silver, but nickel/copper mix (bummer). KT's is not quite as nice as the one shown in the pic, but that one is mint and listed for sale for $25.00! KT would say His is EF and perhaps worth maybe $5.00...??

Anywho it is a portrait of young King Constantine II of Greece...the last Greek King...Royalty was abolished by the Greek Government in 1968 and he was banished from the country and died a few years later. Due to the low mintage it is a coin worth noting, in KT's humble opinion. Pre-Euro too! HA HA 50 Lepta coin.

Attachments

• GREECE 1966 50 LEPTA COIN KM#88 Greek King Constantine II.jpg
    GREECE 1966 50 LEPTA COIN KM#88 Greek King Constantine II.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 142
Back
Top Bottom