Reference Books/Links

Bomberman

I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find it using the search feature. What are your "go to" reference books and/or links in identifying various relics (i.e. buttons, buckles, axes, etc). Thanks in advance.

Try Record of American Uniform and Historical Buttons by A. S. Albert, Tice's Uniform Buttons of the United States, or Crouch's Civil War Artifacts

Most of the books are out of print, but can be found on Amazon. But get ready for some sticker shock. Here are most of my research library: Civil War Projectiles by McKee and Mason, Round Ball to Rimfire by Thomas, Military Fuses of the Civil War by Jones, Excavated Artifacts from Battlegrounds and Campsites by Phillips, Plates and Buckles of American Military by Kerksis, Civil War Artifacts of the Western Campaign by Harris, Civil War Artifacts by Crouch, Confederate Belt Buckles and Plates by Mullinax, Illustrated History Of Civil War Relics by Silva and O'Donald, Civil War Relics from South Carolina by Topper, American Military Belt Plates by O'Donnel and Campbell, Relic Hunter by Crouch, Uniform Buttons of the United States, by Tice, Record of American Uniform and Historic Buttons by Albert, and American Military Buttons, Makers and Dealers by McGuinn and Bazelon.

identifying various relics (i.e. buttons, buckles, axes, etc). Thanks in advance.

A nice one for civilian buckles 1250-1800ad.
The well know RossWhitehead.pdf

World war II GI, US army uniforms 1941-1945, by Windrow and Hawkins?
Pocket guide of uniform insignia, by special service division USA?

Ow man. Be some more specific. Roman? Celtic? Medieval? Spoons? Medical? Jewelery? Army?
Got me 100+ pieces of liturature here. Can't yell them all.

Ow man. Be some more specific. Roman? Celtic? Medieval? Spoons? Medical? Jewelery? Army?
Got me 100+ pieces of liturature here. Can't yell them all.

:laughing::laughing: Ha Ha...you are 100% correct. You guys in Europe have eons of history to find and identify, here in the states it's pretty recent by comparison. It's not likely I'm going to find anything Roman, Celtic, or Medieval. So let's narrow it down to 1600 and later, I'm just trying to build up my library so any category is welcome.

Thanks.

:laughing::laughing: Ha Ha...you are 100% correct. You guys in Europe have eons of history to find and identify, here in the states it's pretty recent by comparison. It's not likely I'm going to find anything Roman, Celtic, or Medieval. So let's narrow it down to 1600 and later, I'm just trying to build up my library so any category is welcome.

Thanks.

:laughing::laughing: Then that first link i gave was good then i guess.

Looked again for you to name some more, but your preferences of not roman/celtic/medieval reduces my options to a count of about 3 hand fulls, of which most ww2. :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom