Some recent pasture finds.

bodkin

Elite Member
Hello all,

Now much of the hay has been cut and baled I have been able to return to a field that I started last year. I missed the boat last time, managing one session before the grass was too long again, and have been waiting to have a good look ever since. The ground was surprisingly soft and easy to sink the blade of my spade into. I managed to tease out a few signals amongst all of the iron and the finds date from about 1680 (buckle) to modern day (Euros!). I did well with Victorian brooches, buckles, George 3rd Ha'pennies, two dog ID tags, and other bits and bobs including very rough Sixpence, a cricket themed buckle plate and a Scots Guard!

Many thanks,

b.

Attachments

• rsz_dscf5503.jpg
    rsz_dscf5503.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 545
  • rsz_dscf5504.jpg
    rsz_dscf5504.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 514
  • rsz_dscf5505.jpg
    rsz_dscf5505.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 510
  • rsz_dscf5506.jpg
    rsz_dscf5506.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 506
I don't know anything about a "Scots Guard", but here in the States we have this:

serveimage

Now, you would think that it would be to protect your whiskey, but you would be wrong. Apparently you spray the stuff on fabric to protect it against stains...which...I suppose if you spilled your whiskey...you might get. :lol:

I don't know anything about a "Scots Guard", but here in the States we have this:
Now, you would think that it would be to protect your whiskey, but you would be wrong. Apparently you spray the stuff on fabric to protect it against stains...which...I suppose if you spilled your whiskey...you might get. :lol:

I believe that the Scots Guards would apply Scotch guard to protect their uniforms. :lol: The one pictured has been in the mud for a long time and his uniform looks still good enough to wear.

Nice relics and coins bodkin! Always enjoy your posts. Which detector do you favor?

Back
Top Bottom