Sand Shark: Tesoro vs Treasure Hunter

Chipk

Elite Member
A few days ago I was top bidder on EBay for a Tesoro Sand Shark! Want to try a bit of wet beach hunting and this was recommended.
Today I got a notice from EBay about a refurbished Sand Shark that was available and the top bid was only $36. I opened it up and read the description and it was similar to what I bought so I placed a bid of $45 which it accepted. There was no reserve noted. :wow: there are two days remaining on the item so I'm not top bidder yet.
Only then did I notice the logo was different and Tesoro did not show up anywhere. It mentioned Treasure Hunter whom I assumed was the dealer. However my gut instincts told me to investigate further and it appears TH is the manufacturer and they are probably Chinese knockoffs. Note the item is listed simply as Sand Shark.
Now I'm sure I know the answer to this question but does anybody have any experience with this company and their products. I don't mind paying $45 for a back up MD if it works but I haven't heard many complimentary things said about knockoffs on this forum.
Anybody? :?:

The "other" SandShark is a Chinese POS. I worked on a similar unit (a Kellyco "Cobra") some years ago that had leaked... they are exceptionally poor quality. If you bought a Real Tesoro then the best you can hope for is to get out-bid.

I was not the top bidder. Somebody paid over $400 (I got my Tesoro AND the Monster scoop for $375) and as soon as it was closed another one went up for bids. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom