For all you gold hunters out there (like me)...

There’s much more paper gold than physical, well duh.
Investment wise, the price is heavily manip - manop.

And this is what makes it so comical when someone comes on spouting about "rooms of gold bricks, stacked to the ceiling". Of some supposed legendary treasure. If they stopped and thought for a moment, they're realize that .... they're talking about decades of production from a single area's gold rush. Amounts that ....... even with all-our modern marvels (massive scale pit mining) can't produce in decades.

I think my favorite "bad movie detail" is when people are slinging around gold bricks. Tiny little 110lb actresses are one handing gold bars bigger than the average house brick.

Two reasons this is absurd. First, is that the "standard bar" of a gold brick, doesn't look good on screen, so they often use a much larger one. You know the ones, the giant bricks that are painted gold and look IMPRESSIVE.

Real brick sizes are are allowed to weigh between 350 and 430 Troy ounces, typically at 400... That means they weigh 25+lbs a piece, but they are SMALL, compared to the big bricks on screen. The 25 lbs bars are 10 inches x 3.5 inches with a taper, and just 1.5 inches thick. Read that again... 1.5 inches thick That's not very big! The ones you see in the movies are like 5 inches tall. LOL

Something that tall would be like 80-100lbs! And a 110 lbs actress one handing those at arm's length to the next guy in line!?

Uhhh.. no.

I'm a big guy, and can curl 75lbs, with a handle on the dumbbell... but I cannot hold 75 lbs at arms length, unless it's a swing, and you catch the photo just right.

Skippy

EDIT: Here's an example of the absurdity of the Movies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU_ffqsr-Vs

2 things here... no way he'd be handling that, like a piece of wood... and no way the bar would BOUNCE. That sucker would have thudded into the ground, and STUCK. LOL

I think my favorite "bad movie detail" is when people are slinging around gold bricks. Tiny little 110lb actresses are one handing gold bars bigger than the average house brick...

Skippy skippy skippy, ... you simply MUST get up with the times. Tsk tsk . How do *you* know that a delicate Victorias-secret looking actress can't handle 25 lb. bricks like that ? How do you know they can't toss bad-guys over their shoulders in hand-to-hand combat like Rambo ??

In our modern age of equalization: There is utterly no difference between men & women except the plumbing. Any other perceived notion of difference, is nothing but discrimination and nurture of social strictures forced on them. Repent of your evil notions ! :mad:

Skippy skippy skippy, ... you simply MUST get up with the times. Tsk tsk . How do *you* know that a delicate Victorias-secret looking actress can't handle 25 lb. bricks like that ? How do you know they can't toss bad-guys over their shoulders in hand-to-hand combat like Rambo ??

In our modern age of equalization: There is utterly no difference between men & women except the plumbing. Any other perceived notion of difference, is nothing but discrimination and nurture of social strictures forced on them. Repent of your evil notions ! :mad:

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom