Anyone near Elgin IL?

Warner

If anyone is near Elgin IL and would be willing to teach a person new to the hobby, let me know! I live right near Wing Park in Elgin...

Thanks much!

Warner

Welcome to the forum. I'm a couple hours west of you but there are a lot of Illini here on the forum, including people in the Elgin area. Someone from around there will respond.

Hello Warner, welcome to the forum. I live in Geneva and would be willing to meet sometime to hunt.

Good deal. At this point I'd be watching, as I don't have a detector yet. I'm probably going to sell something from one of my other hobbies to pay for a detector.

Thanks for the reply Timf,

Warner

Welcome to the forum. I'm a couple hours west of you but there are a lot of Illini here on the forum, including people in the Elgin area. Someone from around there will respond.

A couple hours West of me? That would be Wisconsin or Iowa! Hehe....

Thanks for the welcome Mike,

Warner

Hey, Im a town or 2 over in schaumburg. I have been to lords park and wing as well. Tough hunting cause they get hit hard. Everyone and thier brother hit lords park cause of the lords park treasure that was supposedly burried there.

Hey, Im a town or 2 over in schaumburg. I have been to lords park and wing as well. Tough hunting cause they get hit hard. Everyone and thier brother hit lords park cause of the lords park treasure that was supposedly burried there.

I grew up in Schaumburg....my parents still live there in fact.
Wing Park gets hit hard, too? Not that I hang out there, but I've only ever seen one guy there before. I never heard about the "Lord's Park Treasure"....interesting. I would think the high schools could be productive, esp Elgin High....it's been there FOREVER.

Warner

I grew up in Schaumburg....my parents still live there in fact.
Wing Park gets hit hard, too? Not that I hang out there, but I've only ever seen one guy there before. I never heard about the "Lord's Park Treasure"....interesting. I would think the high schools could be productive, esp Elgin High....it's been there FOREVER.

Warner

I never hit the highschool before, yah both parks get detected.

The hard thing is the trash I carry a kids sand bucjet with me and when at lords I filled it up 3 and half times when I was there. The place is just covered in trash.

I never hit the highschool before, yah both parks get detected.

The hard thing is the trash I carry a kids sand bucjet with me and when at lords I filled it up 3 and half times when I was there. The place is just covered in trash.

Well, the first thing I'd want to do is my own yard....I think it would be interesting to see what's in my own yard. My house was built in 1929 so who knows? There are a LOT of old places to check in Elgin....I think a LOT could be found all over the city. But maybe that's just my inexperienced enthusiasm speaking. I kinda' ran the idea of the metal detector by my wife this morning....and I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon......but I'll keep working on her. I can't blame her, I DO have a lot of hobbies and have spent a lot of money on lots of "stuff", so.....I get it.....

Warner

Well, the first thing I'd want to do is my own yard....I think it would be interesting to see what's in my own yard. My house was built in 1929 so who knows? There are a LOT of old places to check in Elgin....I think a LOT could be found all over the city. But maybe that's just my inexperienced enthusiasm speaking. I kinda' ran the idea of the metal detector by my wife this morning....and I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon......but I'll keep working on her. I can't blame her, I DO have a lot of hobbies and have spent a lot of money on lots of "stuff", so.....I get it.....

Warner

Yah Elgin is a very old town should have lots of goodies. Shoot me a message when you get one.

I am fairly new to the hobby and live in Mundelein might like to do a hunt with you I have found what i think is quit a bit so far. Bob

I am fairly new to the hobby and live in Mundelein might like to do a hunt with you I have found what i think is quit a bit so far. Bob

Wow...your "finds" list is pretty impressive for how long you've been detecting! I don't own a detector yet, but I'm still learning and reading up on it all....

Thanks,

Warner

If your wife likes jewelry all it takes is a nice gold find to change her mind on the virtues of a metal detector, sure worked on my wife now she askes me when i am going detecting again. the added coin in the piggybank helps also. four monthes I am at just over $200.00 in just a bunch of short outings, mostly two hours or less.

If your wife likes jewelry all it takes is a nice gold find to change her mind on the virtues of a metal detector, sure worked on my wife now she askes me when i am going detecting again. the added coin in the piggybank helps also. four monthes I am at just over $200.00 in just a bunch of short outings, mostly two hours or less.

Yeah, I see that you've done quite well. Where are you searching? My wife's aversion to this is not just the money (although that is part of it), it's more about my TIME. I'm already too busy.....but I'll keep (cautiously) working on her. It would be nice to borrow one or rent one just to do my yard and see what comes up......that might spark some interest or approval from the committee. :D

Warner

I do mostly parks and playground and some beaches , only have done my yard so far, it is about 20x30 and yielded .37 cents clad.

I do mostly parks and playground and some beaches , only have done my yard so far, it is about 20x30 and yielded .37 cents clad.

I'm sure my neighborhood would turn up some good stuff. I remember back when I was digging up for a garden when I first moved in, I found one of those old skeleton keys in my yard. I have to believe it's got a lot of stuff in it. My house was built in the late 20's. There a LOT of old places in Elgin, and I would be VERY surprised if anyone would give a hoot if we were detecting around. I bet my neighbors would let me detect in their yards, too. I'm in an old neighborhood with many houses built in the 1800's....some pushing as far back as the mid 1800's....

Warner

Hey all I am in Lake in the Hills we should all meet up. If you guys are up for it pm me. Also Warner until u get your detector if we all go out I have 3 I use I will bring them along.

Hey all I am in Lake in the Hills we should all meet up. If you guys are up for it pm me. Also Warner until u get your detector if we all go out I have 3 I use I will bring them along.

Wow...that sounds like a real nice offer. When (and where) would you guys want to meet and/or detect?

Warner

Back
Top Bottom