Teknetics patriot

MidTN

Anybody using the Patriot? Based on the reviews I've read this looks to be a good unit to own.

Yea... it is way better than the reviews indicate.
It was one of the industries biggest sleepers when it was known as the F70 for $700 and it is even more so now as the Patriot at $399.

I have found a ton with mine, coins, jewelry and relics, and I found them in every site and under any condition you can think of... high minetalization, crazy EMI, insane iron and trash...all of it.
I have written a million words about what I discovered and how I use mine and many different settings here and on other forums.

This is my first months experience learning it from day one.
I got way better and found so much more after i just quit experimenting and went hunting.
I was blessed the day mine came into my life.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=173474

Yea... it is way better than the reviews indicate.
It was one of the industries biggest sleepers when it was known as the F70 for $700 and it is even more so now as the Patriot at $399.

I have found a ton with mine, coins, jewelry and relics, and I found them in every site and under any condition you can think of... high minetalization, crazy EMI, insane iron and trash...all of it.
I have written a million words about what I discovered and how I use mine and many different settings here and on other forums.

This is my first months experience learning it from day one.
I got way better and found so much more after i just quit experimenting and went hunting.
I was blessed the day mine came into my life.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=173474

Thanks for the information. I think I see myself owning one in the near future.

Anytime.
If you do get one let me know.
I am the experimenter, lots of different settings I tried and what happened after are all in that log but all of that was done in great soil out west...after i stopped adding to that log I learned way more about mineralization, massive iron and masking and a whole bunch about some very outside the box settings that worked surprisingly well when I moved back to the SE.

All are written down and described somewhere.

I've had a F70 for years and got a Patriot and sold it.It is not the same machine in my opinion, very chatty and did not perform at all like my Fisher. It looks like a duck, walks like a duck but in this case it's not a duck

Not disputing your experience comparing two units you had, but the Patriot is an F70 and vice-Versa. Nothing changed except the faceplate and name.

Not every machine produced of a given model performs exactly the same as every other one of the tens of thousands produced over a span of many years.

Not every machine produced of a given model performs exactly the same as every other one of the tens of thousands produced over a span of many years.[/QUOTE]

In recent years I have heard this many times about different manufacturers and my question is...at what point can this be attributed to insufficient quality control? Seems these days with our technology they could get tighter tolerances on the electronics to keep this from happening :?:

I tried everything to calm it dowm.
The silicone on screw holes were broken like it had been taken apart.
I called teknetics the day I got it
He had me send pics then said it probably had to come apart for something during testing but would not affect warranty.
At about half the cost of a F 70 with the coil upgrade I can't help but think something of lesser quality is involved inside but I could be wrong.
Maybe I got a refurbished or a bad run machine but he said no?
I could have sent it back to have checked out but decided just to get rid if it.
I had it about 6 weeks and lost $75 when I sold it, so not to bad.
Teknetics has some great machines, this is just my experience.

My Patriot is no chattier than most most modern hot machines. And you can run the sensitivity down quit a bit without losing much depth. Even turned up to where it gets sparky a good target stands out.

You wrote...”At about half the cost of a F 70 with the coil upgrade I can't help but think something of lesser quality is involved inside but I could be wrong.”

With respect, this bit you wrote is wrong - they are the same machine - they just cut out one level of distribution by selling direct and paying dealers a commission for the referrals (you need a dealer or rep’s discount code to get the discounted price on the web page).

I started with the Patriot and I really enjoyed using the machine. You pretty much just turn it on and go. Listen to DIGGER! That man knows the Patriot inside and out. Good luck and have fun!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

There might be some quality control issues in the factory but I suspect it is more about calibration...and the humans that do those adjustments.

I ran with an F2 for 3 years and I won so many yearly clad awards I think some of the others might have thought I was cheating because I beat the next closest members by several thousand coins.
I won so many gold and silver jewelry awards I was cut off from entering but I still brought something in, usually gold, at almost every meeting.
4 members went out and bought F2's because I believe they thought it was just magic.
It wasn't, I just learned it very well and hunted very trashy public parks and sites where coins and jewelry tends to get lost.

One time we had a meeting where 2 other guys with new F2's were having a little issue about pinpointing and getting solid numbers so we all got together after the meeting and I showed them a few things.
A few tips and they got real happy, but one thing I noticed was we were all swinging over the same targets but mine was a number off from theirs every time.
No big deal, any numbering system can be learned but I thought it was strange.
One 3 year old machine and 2 new ones in the same site, the same dirt over the same targets and we didn't match up in the numbers even once.

Another friend up in Ohio, a member here, got a brand new F70 a few years ago and soon enough he thought it was acting wonky.
Same deal, he talked to Fisher and they didn't think it was all that off but they had him send it in anyway.
It was brand new, he wasn't thrilled but he did it and very quickly it returned a much different unit with a whole new circuit board and fully tested and calibrated...it was hot, stable, sweet and deeeep!
Then he really was thrilled.

Many years ago I had a customer and we got talking about quality.
He told me he bought a brand new Caddy and bright it home and parked it.
The next morning he got up and looked outside and one of the bumpers had fallen off the car and was sitting in the driveway.
Whoever was in charge of tightening those bolts had a bad day when that car came down the line.

Any unit can come bad, it happens and it sometimes happens in most brands and products lines.
When the factory says send it in there is usually some logical thinking behind it so I would usually take that advice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom