I am their (Philippines )

dirtykneese

Forum Supporter
We got here and my buttom
is dragging. We were on three Japan Airlines. They must have seen me coming. They put me in some of the hardest seats on the plain. I even sat on pillows. Thanks here comes the food. GT hey said it was food. Some of that stuff was not fit to eat. My wife did not even eat it.
We finally get to Manila. We called my wife's sister about 3 different times before we left. I told her what time and what terminal to pick us up at. I do not know how you get terminal 2, when I said terminall 1. With the way the traffic is their, you better not mess up. They messed up. Went to terminali 2. Thank God I had my Philippine phone with me. By the time they found us, it was like 2 AM. We got their at 11 PM.
Finally on our way home. Very tired and hungry. Took another 2 hours to get to the house.
Just how stupid do you think some people can get, I am going to tell you. Real stupid.. we get to the house. They have no coffee or food at all. They though I would stop at 3 AM to buy food on the way home. Yep, I was ticked off.
I walk in the house, turn on some lights. You guessed it. Most all the bulbs in the house are out. Thanks I find out I have 2 toilets that need fixed.
I really do not think the 2 people that stay at our house knows how to get their button out of bed and do anything.

I sure hope it gets better. It can not get much worse.
I really let some steam off, didn't I.

It is very warm here and muggy.

Thanks everyone, and I am glad you all are here....

KEN. :D

Oh Boy! So your adventure is off to a Great Start huh? :laughing: Sorry about that, but sometimes all you can do is laugh ..Get some sleep and things will look better tomorrow...What a long flight!

Nobody takes better care of your stuff than you.
People. We're just the larger size cockroach of the earth.
You'll get settled down , grab a cold beer , take a deep breath and just relax. Don't sweat the small stuff.

They don't call it a third world country for nuffin! :lol:
Guess you'll have to make the best of what you have, good luck -

First World problems in the Third World.

It's 12 degrees this morning, but I got coffee.

When my parents left for the winter they would have me be at the house 10am every sunday to check on the house. Dad would call and tell me where to find a hidden $20bill, and on my birthday a $100 bill. It worked out great for both of us. The day after they left I would have one hell of a scavenger hunt.

When my parents left for the winter they would have me be at the house 10am every sunday to check on the house. Dad would call and tell me where to find a hidden $20bill, and on my birthday a $100 bill. It worked out great for both of us. The day after they left I would have one hell of a scavenger hunt.

That's funny , in a way.

So the adventures begin

Glad you got there ok , it is a heck of a long trip , hard to sit in a plane seat for that long and eat airline food. I find it hard to get any good sleep on the airlines as well, my wife can sleep pretty well, she takes the window seat and is small enough to curl up in the chair with a blanket . Anyone that has ever flown for 24 or more will know how cramped it can be in the economy section , some times it feels like a big cattle car. I am sure you will need a long nap to get adjusted to the time change about 12 hours ahead of us. Looking forward to your post from over there.

Glad to hear you made it, sounds like a crazy time getting in though.
No one takes care of a house like the owner, same all over the world.

Wow, sorry to hear it is not as you might have hoped, as much as you might enjoy visiting relatives, sounds like you might also be glad to get back home after all that. :shock:

I like that. KEN. :D

We finally did make a small food run to the market. I supplied up on my coffee. Even a bottle of whiskey.
I was in my garage cleaning down the cob webs. Got my car off the Jack's. Put the battery on the charger. Now the battery won't take a charge. I knew that was going to happen. Batteries here are very cheap. They don't last for more than 2 years.
So far things are going great. My biggest problem is my face. About 2 weeks before we come here, I got that Bells Paulie. So the left side of my mug is messed up. It is very hard to eat or drink. I use straws to drink with. I just do not have any control with my muscles on the left side.

But you all know what. I am very happy I have all you guys and gals to talk to. You sure do make it more fun for me..

Thank you all..

KEN :D

Shopping lise

We finally did make a small food run to the market. I supplied up on my coffee. Even a bottle of whiskey.
I was in my garage cleaning down the cob webs. Got my car off the Jack's. Put the battery on the charger. Now the battery won't take a charge. I knew that was going to happen. Batteries here are very cheap. They don't last for more than 2 years.
So far things are going great. My biggest problem is my face. About 2 weeks before we come here, I got that Bells Paulie. So the left side of my mug is messed up. It is very hard to eat or drink. I use straws to drink with. I just do not have any control with my muscles on the left side.

But you all know what. I am very happy I have all you guys and gals to talk to. You sure do make it more fun for me..

Thank you all..

KEN :D

Sounds like you will have to make a large shopping list for the new car battery , plumbing supplies , house hold supplies, any hardware for repairs you will need. Then there are the things you will need for what ever project you decide to do this year. Always better to have a big list before making a trip to the big city. Enjoy your vacation it is going below freezing for the next week here.

Glad you made it there safe! At least you aren’t in freezing temperatures over there, and you have coffee now lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Philippines coins

Ken when you travel to the rural areas keep a eye out for a 1903-P Morgan Dollar/Philippine Peso coin , Same size as the Morgan dollar made from the same blanks and 90% silver. Has the Morgan on one side the other side has Philippines markings. Some of the other 1903-s pesos are smaller and don't have the Morgan on the one side. https://www.govmint.com/1903-p-morgan-silver-dollar-philippines-peso-vf-xf-2-piece-set has a good picture of it but no value listed. Many of these were melted down due to the silver content to make jewelry. My wife's family told me in the past they melted down a lot of coins to have jewelry made for special occasions. Would be a great addition for your collection. Let us know what coins you buy and find this trip.

Back
Top Bottom