What are your favorite treasure hunting movies or tv shows?

abbynormal

Elite Member
OK, this snow has me really bored.
I am working from home, but the tasks I have to do today (mostly watching automated testing routines run) are still boring, so I'm looking for stuff to watch on Netflix or Amazon that are treasure hunting related. Just watched Without a Paddle which is cute if a bit silly.
What are *your* favorites?

Curse of oak island.. series about hunting pirate treasure on oak island off of nova scocia

Definitely none of the metal detecting shows on TV now.
All the people on those shows act like idiots - like they have never found a nickel in the ground before!

I think at one time there were 3 different shows on about detecting and each one was worse than the other. Fake shows-fake acting people, total waste of time!!!

I was definitely unimpressed with the metal detecting shows, I agree with that. I am thinking on the lines of movies or even good documentaries.
Treasure of the Sierra Madre is one of my favorite treasure hunting movies!!

Here's my suggestions:

Into the Blue (favorite)
Fools Gold
The Deep
Pirates of the Caribbean 1,2,3
National Treasure 1&2
The Goonies

Treasure of the Sierra Madre for sure.

Discovery Channel just finished airing Klondike, which was done really well, nut I am not sure how you could watch it, it doesn't sen to available on their website, maybe on Discovery on demand. Something to watch for though.

A TV series I really liked was HBO's Deadwood. It may not be your cup of tea, but it's about the gold rush in the Black Hills and the major story lines and characters are all based on real people and events.

TV Shows

Man I agree with the tv show detector guys being idiots. They make detecting out to be a jerk's hobby. And the value they put on their coins is inflated about 100 times.

Thanks for the post. I will watch the suggested shows

Bill
Georgia

A TV series I really liked was HBO's Deadwood. It may not be your cup of tea, but it's about the gold rush in the Black Hills and the major story lines and characters are all based on real people and events.

Deadwood was a great series, have it on dvd. Gotta have a good "potty mouth" tolerance for it though, just be forewarned, don't put it on with kids in the room ...

I'll catch some flak for a couple of these:

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Sahara
National Treasure (helped reacquaint people with U.S. History)
Fool's Gold (opening sequence was hilarious IMHO)
Rat Race (not exactly a treasure movie, but sort of)
The Mummy (Brendan Frasier version)
Pirates of the Caribbean (sequels sucked)

I'll catch some flak for a couple of these:

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Sahara
National Treasure (helped reacquaint people with U.S. History)
Fool's Gold (opening sequence was hilarious IMHO)
Rat Race (not exactly a treasure movie, but sort of)
The Mummy (Brendan Frasier version)
Pirates of the Caribbean (sequels sucked)

Ah, yes. I forgot about Sahara and Indiana Jones!

Treasure of the Sierra Madre for sure.

Discovery Channel just finished airing Klondike, which was done really well, nut I am not sure how you could watch it, it doesn't sen to available on their website, maybe on Discovery on demand. Something to watch for though.

That's what ICEFilms is for--I'm sure I could find it there. I even just found out that I could get an ICEFilms unofficial app for my Roku. I am set.

Back
Top Bottom