The NEW Bounty Hunter Junior TID - Unboxing and Testing (video)

TheHunterGT

First Texas gave me a call and asked if I wanted to check it out before it hit the market - so I of course told them yes. :thumbsup:

Ran it through some air tests and recovery speed tests...also watched it hit a penny a 1/2 inch from a nail. Thought that was pretty damn good for a kids detector that has TID as well. I will be taking it out for a live dig tomorrow and have that video by dinner tomorrow (Sunday).

Should be hitting shelves anytime now....MSRP is $89.00

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNLZtTt0Gk4&ab_channel=TheHunterGT

Cool video...too bad it doesn't have an arm cuff for balance. That's the issue my son had with the original too... Especially for kids, the balance matters, or they're not going to spend more than a couple minutes messing with it until they find something else to do. lol Great job with the video, thanks for sharing!

Thanks man! This new TID version with 2X AA batteries installed is actually lighter than the original without any batteries. If I had my choice I'd rather see them place a headphone jack.

Not sure just how light as the manual and box do not specify....but I tested it with the scientific "lift both with one finger in each hand" method. LOL

My 10 year old daughter swung it 60-90 minutes today and found plenty of coins...so the rest periods where she was digging instead of swinging was actually pretty good. No complaints. After an hour though you are right on the money...she was just ready for something else. Attention span of a 10 year old and all that.

The arm cuffs on detectors are too l long for this market. No cuff or a shorter redesign are only options. My 4 year old swings a digitek with one hand on grip and one on upper shaft. It pretty funny and obvious the jr design is a better option. Nice vids!

The arm cuffs on detectors are too l long for this market. No cuff or a shorter redesign are only options. My 4 year old swings a digitek with one hand on grip and one on upper shaft. It pretty funny and obvious the jr design is a better option. Nice vids!

All I can say is what my son told me, that he prefers the gofind over the BH jr due to the adjustable arm cuff and better balance.

He wouldn't go with me when all he had was the BH Jr without the arm rest... alls I'm sayin is from "their" perspective, and their arm strength and stamina... it stands to reason that a kid or even US keeping our arm extended with all of the weight on our wrist for any extended period of time is difficult.. hence why detectors of old didn't have, and new detectors do have an arm cuff... for balance.

Not being difficult, just speaking on what I've seen and heard, out of the mouths of babes, who actually USE these machines... lol

I "assume" that the reason BH asked him to review it was to get feedback... so I'm giving real feedback from a first person user of this design... :)

It's a valid point for sure depending on the kid. To each their own sort of thing.

I don't see many kids in this market group spending more than 1 to 1.5 hours swinging it arm cuff or not. It finds the coins so well the breaks will be plenty as long as it is an active school/park. If they do by some miracle want to go 2-3-4+ hours....absolutely need a arm cuff...and kudos to that kid.

Asked my daughter a while ago if it was heavy and she said "light as a feather". Asked her if she would want to stay longer for a 2-3 hour hunt and she gave me a "you crazy" look. While she had fun...she was ready to leave when we did.

First Texas will be sending me some other "soon to be released" stuff as well in the upcoming months/year...no strings attached. They were VERY adamant that I stick to how my videos usually are and don't deviate. They also said be honest and don't kiss our butt.

I found that refreshing considering another MD company offered to send me review products but ONLY if I spoke positively about it...no negative stuff. Told that company to go fly a kite.

They also said be honest and don't kiss our butt.

Good, we're both doing the same thing then!

How great (or annoying maybe) would it be if the smiley face gave a high tone "giggle" instead of a beep?

My daughter said that last night and it made me pause and think she should probably go into marketing someday....

Glad you guys enjoyed the video and hope your little ones have tons of fun with it.

How great (or annoying maybe) would it be if the smiley face gave a high tone "giggle" instead of a beep?

My daughter said that last night and it made me pause and think she should probably go into marketing someday....

Glad you guys enjoyed the video and hope your little ones have tons of fun with it.

My son is 12 and has autism, so I know the emoji's will help him instead of just a random number VDI readout that he would then have to remember and associate as a good target. This does that conversion for him, and just starting out I don't want him to have any frustration or discouragement at all. If he likes it and really gets into it, then we can move up to actual VDI's etc...and begin explaining how all that works. But for now, this seems very easy and fun for him and that's just perfect!

Right on man. Glad to see this will work out for him. I'd love to hear a cool story on how he does. Perhaps when he is ready he can move up to a Digitek. 0-99 display and still marketed for the teenage group.

They really hit a home-run with the emoji's. I know my daughter has emoji cups and emoji key chains and shoe laces etc etc...the kids love these smiley faces. The guy who thought of it deserves a huge bonus because I foresee these selling quite well.

Hasnt even been discussed with dealers yet, not that bounty hunter has pricing structure for a dealer to compete with big box anyway.

From what I was told...it should be out anytime now. They are promoting it on their Facebook page but will not make website changes until release.

Back
Top Bottom