What the heck is this (Egyptian)

Arrowheadfish

Hello everyone...This site is great and has helped me many times with all the info and great options on here...I have been viewing this site for a few years now and haven't joined until now because I need yalls help with the strangest thing I have found to date...

I live in East central indiana... Spend my time when not working metal detecting, arrowheadhunting,fishing, gold prospecting,hunting and collecting mushrooms and other wild edibles

This item really has me stumped
It was found at a old Zion church site that has been demolished many years ago (40 plus years ago) and is now a corn field... I would date the site from around 1860 or so from some of the items I have found there....

I think it is made of copper... Could be brass or bronze... Not sure how to tell the difference

The weird thing is the Egyptian hieroglyphics on it... Different on each side... And the detail work suggest that it was special

It was obviously meant to be viewed on both sides...

Could it be some kind of good luck charm
Could it be freemason... I found 2 years ago a brass dagger handle that clearly had freemasonry symbols on it from abandoned school house less than 1 mile from this site that dates from the same time-frame
Could it be from the lost tribes of Egypt here in Indiana (just joking around about that one LOL)
Any insight on this object would be great... And thank you for your time

Brandon
(Arrowheadfish)

Attachments

• KIMG1460.jpg
    KIMG1460.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 381
  • KIMG1458.jpg
    KIMG1458.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 381
  • KIMG1462.jpg
    KIMG1462.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 382
  • KIMG1461.jpg
    KIMG1461.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 374
My guess would be part of a bracelet or necklace. A quick Google search for Antique Egyptian Bracelet brought back several similar designs. HH

BCD

Thanks cliff for the pics... Can't believe how fast and helpful everyone here is... Thanks everyone....Although I was hoping I had the only one in the world :lol::lol::laughing:

There was a great interest in Egypt after the 1925 King Tut discovery, a lot of art-deco jewelry and other objects were made in an Egyptian style.

Back
Top Bottom