Upgrade question

cobb05

So for some reason I'm getting the itch to make a new detector purchase. I've been using a whites m6 for the past few years and, for whatever reason, have been really looking into a at pro. I started with an ace 250 before i bought the m6 and really enjoyed the Garrett. What say you guys? Would it be a waste or would it any better? Let me know!

If no water hunt and coin shooting it would be hard to beat the m6. If hunting trash, water, iron, relics the pro definitely has advantages.

I've been hunting A LOT since starting a few months ago, and it really gets my goat to have to quit and pack up because of a little rain or drizzle. Even though I have no plans whatsoever to go near water (snakes and gar here), to me it still makes sense to get an ATP so I can continue hunting without any worries of getting wet. And then you always have the option of getting in the water if you want...

I'm not familiar with the M6, but you can pretty well expect the ATP to be heads over the Ace 250.

yea i mostly coin hunt around parks and older public areas. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my m6. Thing is just solid! I doubt i will be getting in any water (live in WV), and if a downpour comes i'd probably pack up and head to the car. I was just curious as to how the at pro would compare to the m6 for my purposes.

yea i mostly coin hunt around parks and older public areas. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my m6. Thing is just solid! I doubt i will be getting in any water (live in WV), and if a downpour comes i'd probably pack up and head to the car. I was just curious as to how the at pro would compare to the m6 for my purposes.

Wish I could help, but I have idea how they stack up because I don't know anything about the M6. Others will chime in soon.

If you take the time and learn to use them, I would consider a teknetics unit or a fisher unit. You can get a rain cover for them too and not worry about the detector getting moisture in it. They are very good units with the 11" DD coil. They can be a little chatty but you can adjust the sensitivity and still get great depth.

AT-Pro Great Detector

So for some reason I'm getting the itch to make a new detector purchase. I've been using a whites m6 for the past few years and, for whatever reason, have been really looking into a at pro. I started with an ace 250 before i bought the m6 and really enjoyed the Garrett. What say you guys? Would it be a waste or would it any better? Let me know!

I am a coin shooter and love the AT-Pro

I have had great success using this detector

http://www.metaldetectors.com/coin-jewelry-metal-detectors/garrett/at-pro-fall-bonus-pack

any questions give me a call
dennis

Very very hard to beat an AT Pro for all that it offers. It is my pick!

I had a M6 years ago and really liked it. I'd sometimes pick it over the MXT that was my primary. If you want waterproof I prefer the AT Gold to the Pro.

Shoot me your phone number in a message on the forum, I'll give you a phone call and we can talk about your options so we can suit you up with the gear you need.

Rob

I'm not familiar with the Whites machine but I really like the AT Pro. With the 5X8 coil, it is almost as good as the XP Deus in recovery speed.

Back
Top Bottom