Looking at upgrading

twoeagles

I currently have been running my Ace 250 for the last few years. I'm looking at upgrading to either the Garrett AT pro or Whites MX Sport. Which one would be a better machine to use. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Never used a mxsport, but the at pro IMO is a big upgrade over the ace, and a ez learning curve seeming you know your ace...I'd say go for it with the at PRo....There's a reason the at pro holds its value over other used detectors.

The garrett ace series was designed for beginners to use and have fun with a metal detector. People that have never detected before got the chance to have a unit to cut their teeth on. I know people claim the AT pro is like a miracle sent from above. I personally have never saw anybody pull something out that another mid range machine could not find as well against an AT pro. If your going to hunt around water then ok, maybe it is a decent choice and so is the MX sport. I know people are using the MX pro but I have saw too many people sending them back in for program problems and screen issues. They have not been out long enough to get the bugs worked out. If I were you I would take a look at the First Texas line up of some Fisher or Teknetics models. They are about the fastest units in their price range. Plus they are very light too and have long battery life. Some models have a back light. Also a Makro Racer is a very good unit. Backlight, well made, fast processor, Same with the Nokta units like the fors core. They are about the best bang for your buck in performance out currently everywhere. I would expand your shopping a bit and take a look at some other options.

AT-Pro Great Detector

I currently have been running my Ace 250 for the last few years. I'm looking at upgrading to either the Garrett AT pro or Whites MX Sport. Which one would be a better machine to use. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I am a coinshooter and I have had great success with the AT-Pro
If you have any questions give me a call
dennis
thanks

You will have a difficult time finding a better waterproof unit than the AT Pro in that price range. It took me a few months to really understand the machine but it's a great choice for the price.

My buddy has an E-Trac, which is probably a step above an AT Pro but what good is it if you can't use it when it rains?

AT Pro! and I'm a 40+ year vet of detecting. The AT Pro is not your average mid-range detector by any means. It didn't get it's rep from being average that should be obvious.

At pro was my 3rd detector. I couldnt get along with my f70.
The Atpro describes whats in the ground quite nicely in pro mode.I will never sell it.
It may not be really deep but its no slouch at finding goodies in high trash.
I have no regrets with it at all,I love my little 5By8 coil on it.
At first I thought it was a black ace but when I saw the videos in 2010 I bought
One and was I happy I did. It can hunt where an ace 250 wouldnt shut up
Around pulltabs and trash every few inches.
I cherrypicked a gold ring from that beach!

My buddy upgraded from an old Garrett to an AT Pro.

I upgraded from the Ace 350 to a Makro Racer 2.

We both love our machines.

I keep mine away from water and he doesn't have to, but my Racer 2 SMOKES his in the trashy old home sites we hunt. He knows it because he's used both.

Figure out where you're going to do most of your hunting, and what you're mainly hunting for, and make your choice based on that.

I'd wait a little while before buying that Whites unit, simply based on the issues it had. They appear to have resolved them, but I'd still wait before buying.

I upgraded from an Ace 350 to an AT Pro. I'm really happy I did, the waterproofness has allowed me to expand my detecting horizons quite a bit. And of course, the target ID is way better.

Back
Top Bottom