Button-trash or treasure??

pennypicker

Can't remember exactly where I found this, but I think it was near and old 50's motel that I had detected. It's copper coated and the back is rusted steel with the loop still on it. I think it's trash, but maybe someone can tell me different. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• button.jpg
    button.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 225
One mans trash another mans treasure , I think the real value of most of the finds on here is the finding .
HH

picture of the backmark (if it has one) is generally what can help ID it. Nice button!

Fashion type button for a coat, jacket, blazer, etc.

That's kinda what I figured. Thanks

One mans trash another mans treasure , I think the real value of most of the finds on here is the finding .
HH

I think it definitely falls in that category. His trash, my treasure. Thanks

picture of the backmark (if it has one) is generally what can help ID it. Nice button!

Back and loop looks like one molded piece, but the whole back is rusted to bad to get any info off of it. Thanks

That's kinda what I figured. Thanks

I think it definitely falls in that category. His trash, my treasure. Thanks

Back and loop looks like one molded piece, but the whole back is rusted to bad to get any info off of it. Thanks

gotcha. its such a pretty button. nice job man

When the back is rusted out, that is a pretty good indication that it is a fashion button.

Button

Based on the design I would say it is a button manufactured by Waterbury, It is treasure if you consider collecting buttons that you find. Money wise it would be trash.:( I have kept all of mine.:yes:

When the back is rusted out, that is a pretty good indication that it is a fashion button.

I think you're right.

Based on the design I would say it is a button manufactured by Waterbury, It is treasure if you consider collecting buttons that you find. Money wise it would be trash.:( I have kept all of mine.:yes:

You may be the winner!! I went to the Waterbury site and found this one. It's almost a perfect match and comes in copper or brass as well. Thanks

Attachments

• 80039.jpg
    80039.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 125
Back
Top Bottom