Lesche Warranty

Diggum

Elite Member
If I purchase a Lesche digger used, and it breaks, will the company fix or replace it, or would I be out of luck?

Also, these being stainless steel, why are so many of them rusty?

Not all stainless steels do not rust, depends on the alloy. Also, some stainless steels are magnetic & some are not.

Thank you, grandpawmoses. The magnetic part of stainless I am aware of, but the rust is a surprise, as the name came about due to its resistance to rust. It's been many years since I studied anything about stainless, but it would seem to me that a stainless that rusts is an inferior metal. However, there are other properties that are more important to a digger, like being able to flex or hold an edge, that make this particular grade desirable.

How about the warranty?

but it would seem to me that a stainless that rusts is an inferior metal.

The high chromium stainless will hardly ever show any rusting but is softer and do NOT take to a nice sharp edge.
The lower chromium stainless ones may, after some time, show some rust spots but can be easily cleaned and sharpened and maintain a good edge.

The Lesche is not made of Stainless, it is hardened tool steel.

Interesting. Ebay ad said it was stainless. Guess i could google it and confirm before i make a fool of myself...:laughing:

So, about that warranty... I've seen members talk about sending theirs in due to breaking. Can i do that, too, even if i buy used?

Yes, Lesche will honor the warrentee. Digger27 has returned 2 of them that he's broken and they have replaced them both! : ) Mine is still going strong after 2 seasons.

Yes, Lesche will honor the warrentee. Digger27 has returned 2 of them that he's broken and they have replaced them both! : ) Mine is still going strong after 2 seasons.

Thank you! Now that I think about it, it probably was DIGGER27's post that I read.

Thanks, again!

Actually, I modded my first one and put cuts in the other side and I asked but they won't deal with that one, but the second was stock and no problems replacing it at all.
Never even asked for a warranty card or a receipt or asked about the age, either.
I just sent in in and as soon as they got it another was shipped to me priority mail and the only cost to me was shipping it to them.

I am going to get a Raptor digger from their sister line at Predator tools for next season.
I bet they have the same type of no worry replacement situation on that one, too.
A good thing for a guy like me because I seem to be extra hard on using these tools.
Other types would never stand up at all or for very long to the abuse I usually dish out.

Back
Top Bottom