Garrett ProPointer The Proof is in the Pudding

OleSarge

Elite Member
Everyone has seen Garrett ProPointers before, and mine is no different. But the circumstances surrounding it's repair by Garrett's speaks loads about the company and it's people. I have called Garrett three times, the first two, a HUMAN answered the phone before the third ring. The third time was a fluke because I forgot the time zone difference, so a answering machine did answer and told me they would call back the next morning. At 0830 the next morning it was Sue, from Garrett telling me that my repaired Pro Pointer had been FEDEX'ed the day before, and provided me a tracking number:clapping:. At 12:30 on Friday, 12/13/2013, I shipped (USPS) my GPP to Garrett because I (spelled ME) broke the switch:blush: while trying to dry it out. Today, Saturday 12/21/2013, FEDEX delivered my repaired ProPointer. We moan and complain when a business fails to measure up but seldom offer a thumbs up:thumbsup: to those who do. This is a case where I am impressed and want everyone to know it. This is a photo of my beat up, nearly a year old ProPointer, note the care and packaging they used to ship it, after Garrett repaired it free of charge although it wasn't a warranty problem. The thing you cant see here is the new battery.:egyptian:

Attachments

• GPP Repaired.jpg
    GPP Repaired.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 442
Love em, Love em, Love em!!!
They stand behind all of their products and I don't see a reason to use anything else:yes:
Replacement coil and Propointer here:yes:

I am happy to read this. Just got my first Garrett Pro Pointer.

Pin pointing with the AT Pro puts you within a respectably close range to your target, and some people say they don't even need a pin pointer. I have ony some experience with the Harbor Freight hand held detector and my ProPointer, so I won't compare pin pointers here. I will say though, the last week without my ProPointer has been equal in dampening my spirit to missing a good friend. True, it is expendible when digging bigger targets but those darn lighter wheels and the tiny brass diamond and square things the little girls like to put on their clothes are maddening without a pin pointer. Congrats on your purchase...I'm 100% certain you will enjoy using it.....good hunting.

AT Pro/GPP/Fiskars Diggers/BH Outback/HF hand held

Called Garrett on 12/3 about the pin pointer being chatty for no reason. Got a return autho number and sent it back. Got it back on 12/20 repaired--looks like they replaced the coil in it. Was about a year plus old. Great service, great turn around and a happy Garrett customer.

I've never had a problem with my Pro Pointer but after using my ATPro for a year and a half it started developing problems, I felt it was a loose coil wire by the way it was acting.

Fall ended and winter set in so I called Garrett and asked what it would cost to fix my second hand ATPro. Hilda sent me the RMA # and I sent it in on a Monday. Ten days later it came back with a new coil, a new screen, and all new connectors on the control box with a "have a nice day" invoice for $0.00.

I sent Garrett a thank you email and got a reply from Steve Moore thanking ME for the kind words.

A+ in my book

Jeff

I've never had a problem with my Pro Pointer but after using my ATPro for a year and a half it started developing problems, I felt it was a loose coil wire by the way it was acting.
Fall ended and winter set in so I called Garrett and asked what it would cost to fix my second hand ATPro. Hilda sent me the RMA # and I sent it in on a Monday. Ten days later it came back with a new coil, a new screen, and all new connectors on the control box with a "have a nice day" invoice for $0.00.
I sent Garrett a thank you email and got a reply from Steve Moore thanking ME for the kind words. A+ in my book Jeff

Posts like this reads kind of like we are shills for Garrett products and, as such, would suggest that Garrett needs to bait customers to buy their product. Folks, Rebsix has 3 posts on this forum, and I won't judge his/her experience level in metal detecting by any other standard than that low number. Myself, I began serious metal detecting in March 2013, and am by no means a expert either. But, I have arrived at the age where I don't have a lot of time and patience to spend more time preparing to prepare to do something than I actually spend doing it. And, if it works, I stick with it may it be my wife of fifty years, a comfortable pair of boots or a metal detector. I have never, nor ever will, own a "high end" metal detector, and further more, have no desire to. I'm finished mollycoddling overly sensitive and less than dependable employees, associates and (especially) equipment. This is a fun hobby just the way it is and the AT Pro and Garrett Pro Pointer are just about the level of complication my brain can handle without being overly expensive and excessively complicated for no reason other than status. My advice to skeptics who believe positive comments about anything, by anyone is hype, really should by another product..then post their "HONEST" comments about the product they purchased. Thanks for your post Rebsix:thumbsup:

AT Pro/GPP/Fiskars Diggers/BH Outback/CT hand held

Caressing Mother Earth in such a way she gladly gives up her treasures

Yep Great People Sending mine in the morning Talked to Rusty on the Phone and he is a Great fellow known him a while . Sad thing is it will be about three weeks before I get it back due to holidays and then They have the dreaded inventory time . Got the Compadre being modded so its down and propointer is down so I guess I will just relax and read about the great finds on here

Yep Great People Sending mine in the morning Talked to Rusty on the Phone and he is a Great fellow known him a while . Sad thing is it will be about three weeks before I get it back due to holidays and then They have the dreaded inventory time . Got the Compadre being modded so its down and propointer is down so I guess I will just relax and read about the great finds on here

I can't help but notice your post is dated the day after Christmas, and you say you talked to a guy named Rusty. That says tons about the satisfaction of knowing you've taken successful first steps in getting any problem solved. Especially one as irritating as knowing you will be digging without a pin pointer for some time because you've left a message on a answering machine. As I said before about Hilda answering the phone before the third ring and Sue calling me back the very next morning, it sure felt good to know that there were actual people helping me with my problem rather than it getting filed in the cyber filing system of some disgruntled anwering machine. My Pro Pointer has seen its first full week of dirt fishing and works as well as it did when it was new. I have no reason to believe it will not continue to produce tiny targets for many-many more hours of relaxing digging.

AT Pro/GPP/Fiskars Diggers/BH Outback/CT hand held

Back
Top Bottom