Pocket Hunting?

RRW

My wife thinks I have some sort of mental disorder. I constantly pull the change from my pocket,count it,sort it, look at it, and shove it back in my pocket. Well 3 nights this week I pulled out wheaties(all 3 1958d). This afternoon, with change in hand, I spotted silver. It's a 62' quarter in good shape. I find lots of modern change with my md, but have yet to find a wheat or any silver. But I guess it's still my first silver since I started detecting, even though a detector was not involved.

Anytime I am handed change, I look at it. I've haven't been handed anything good...yet. I also ask if they have found any old coins. Never hurts to ask.

I look at every coin that passes through my hands with a 10X loop. WOLF

I will have to get one of those. I'm only 45 but my eyesight has really deteriorated in the last year. I could tell it was silver, but handed it to my wife to let me know the year.

my wife doesn't get it and thinks its no big deal. I said ok, everything I find is mine. She is living to regret it, cashed in $850 in gold/silver and $120 in change. Ha.

I've always put my change aside after each days outing, after checking for copper pennies, old nickels, etc and recently my Rozeann has started handing me her dimes, nickels and pennies. She keeps her quarters for parking, etc, but lets me check them and new rolls for silver and has even been known to ask for half-dollars at the bank and drive-throughs, she's really supportive that way but I've gotten my share of "are you kidding...?" looks over the years.;)

I have subconciously done that for years. Since taking a serious interest in metal detecting and coins I look much closer. I got a 1964 silver quarter the other day. I could hear it as it bumped the other coins in my hand.

Thought I was the only one examining change. lol Guess I'm normal then cause I know my wife thinks I'm obsessed with coins the way I look at them.
Also it seems more and more folks here are collecting copper pennies like I am. Hey why not....I think a few weeks ago a copper penny was $0.03 due to copper prices going up in value. If anything it's still worth a cent. I got almost a gallon's worth....working on filling a 5 gallon bucket...hh

i've also been eyeballing my change for years, i only get "looks" from the wife when she see's me going outa my way to pick up a penny off the parking lot outside stores :lol: i think she does get alittle worried when we pass the fountain at the mall that i'll be divin in if i see silver:p

When I read the title of this thread I immediately thought of two things, both of which were very dodgy. :p Now that I see I'm just a sick man, yes, when back home in Canada I often check through my change to see what gems mint be lurking in amongst the lint. When in Japan though I never bother....probably should though.

Im definately guilty of pocket change hunting! I'll even ask to look at my husband's change and my daughters change! And I've also recently started to pull out all of my copper pennies too!

I ALWAYS look at my change whenever I get it back. You never know what your gonna get! Congrats on the silver!

Got a $1 Presidentual Coin in change last week (James Buchanan). For a few micro-seconds I was thinking "gold"!!!!!

Dusty

I only recently started getting a bit crazy when it comes to finding coins on the ground or going through any change i get. Sometimes I get really good coins, like once I had thought i had a clad dime, when in fact it was a King Edward dime or 5 cent piece...it was so worn, but was able to see his figure on the obverse side.

Back
Top Bottom