How to Find Old Parks/Schools

Along a very simple line - most telephone books have a city section that shows the parks & frequently the schools therein. When in a new town get the phone book. Steve in so az

Old schools

The first thing I thought of reading this old thread was that the middle section of each township was designated for sale to fund or locate a school. Learned that in a college real estate finance course. I noticed that a lot of times if you locate, what is it section 16? on a 100 year old topographical map there is the school. Not always.

Go here. Scroll down the left side and have some fun. Sometimes the exact locations are not perfect but they will get you very close. good luck.

www.lat-long.com

Ryan, that site is great, if the username and password worked!

Hi everyone. I've tried the usernames and passwords listed on here and none of them work. Is there any other ones that I can try? I can't even find how to create a new name and password on their site.

You are welcome. It has been a favorite of mine for quite a while. Lots of cool locations and it is easy to navigate.

Any new updates on the password and username? I would love to be able to check out the site.

Back
Top Bottom