Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Find a Hunting Buddy

Old 08-09-2018, 10:08 PM

Default Anyone in the Sarasota,Fl. area ?

Looking to get serious with this hobby after farting around off and on for years. Purchased a Garrett AT Max and accessories , kinda looking to apprentice from someone who knows the ropes.

Old 08-11-2018, 08:23 AM

hey im not too far down the road I'm in Myakka city
I don't know the ropes I just recently got back into detecting and im new to the area but if you wanna meet up sometime and hunt let me know

Old 08-11-2018, 09:21 AM

I’m a little South if you, down in Punta Gorda. I’m all about meeting others and getting together and seeing what we can unearth. Same goes for me, if you wanna get together and do some digging, PM me.

Eric

Tools: Minelab Equinox 800 with 11”DD Smartcoil, White's MXT 300 with 950 Coil, Water logged Beachhunter ID with 12" Spider Coil, Profind 35 & Bullseye 2 Pinpointers ——2018 Clad Total: $241.73 Non-Numismatic finds: Various silver, gold and stainless rings, bracelets and earrings. 2018 Old coins: 2-Silver Rosie’s and 15-Wheatie’s, 15-40% Kennedy’s

Old 08-11-2018, 10:04 AM

anyone wanna hit a beach tomorrow?

Old 08-12-2018, 02:41 PM

Beaches are REALLY bad right now with red tide. I am kinda trying to research the area a little and finding places to search. My main issue right now is my AT Max it is tuff getting familiar with its tones and settings, been watching youtube and burying things in my yard to learn. I am still a working man so weekends are my only time to hunt and some weekends the wife has plans for me, so my hunting opportunities will vary. I am definitely game for hooking up with someone who has a passion for the same hobby. There are a few clubs up in Tampa area but logistics pose a problem. My skill and confidence is pitiful with this machine at the moment so am really educating myself, I will try and get in touch with you guys soon, got a couple accessories I need to still get like a beach scoop etc.

Old 08-12-2018, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Radman1 View post
Beaches are REALLY bad right now with red tide. I am kinda trying to research the area a little and finding places to search. My main issue right now is my AT Max it is tuff getting familiar with its tones and settings, been watching youtube and burying things in my yard to learn. I am still a working man so weekends are my only time to hunt and some weekends the wife has plans for me, so my hunting opportunities will vary. I am definitely game for hooking up with someone who has a passion for the same hobby. There are a few clubs up in Tampa area but logistics pose a problem. My skill and confidence is pitiful with this machine at the moment so am really educating myself, I will try and get in touch with you guys soon, got a couple accessories I need to still get like a beach scoop etc.
I feel your pain
I just bought a new detector a few days ago and im still learning
I dig everything right now learning the sounds and what not.
im new to fl but man would I love to find an old homestead

Old 08-13-2018, 01:02 AM

I am in the Tampa area. I will be detecting Treasure Island Wednesday morning the 15th.