Must have accessories for Minelab ETRAC, EXPLORER, and SAFARI !

RelicHunterNGA

I recently bought a Minelab Explorer SE from GRAYTCOTE, Thanks again... Well, along with buying some coils for it I decided I wanted to improve what was already pretty good and protect as well. I ordered a few things that I think are "must have" for these Minelab FBS machines. Obviously, one of the weak points on these machines are the arm cuff. Plastic and pretty weak. I just knew eventually, I would break it. Before that ever happened I decided on an Anderson Arm Cuff. It is well made and looks great. I took the strap off because I didnt want to keep trying to fish my arm in and out. This and others like it are a must have!

IMAG0279.jpg

IMAG0278.jpg

Secondly, what better way to protect it ? I went with the PRO-TECTOR covers. I purchased the cover for the body and display. Made of quality materials and will definitely keep everything clean and new looking! This is another must have for the Minelab FBS Machines. Im ready to get it dirty now while keeping the detector clean. Just thought I would share these accessories and give my initial observations before putting them to the test out in the field.

IMAG0285.jpg

IMAG0286.jpg

IMAG0288.jpg

All three accessories were a must have for me too a couple of years ago when I got my ETrac. Between ordering the Pro-Tector and recieving it in the mail I added the Sunray X-1 probe, so I have a new Pro-Tector sitting here. If you know anyone else looking for one or youd like an extra I'd let it go on a good deal.

I have been thinking about a cover for my Etrac but there is only a limited number of options for the covers......but Im sure I'll just end up buying a plain black one. as for the forearm piece, that is one thing that I think is kinda cheap. and they need to make them in normal forearm size and large. The stock one is just to small for my forearms.....anyone else agree...anyone...

I have been thinking about a cover for my Etrac but there is only a limited number of options for the covers......but Im sure I'll just end up buying a plain black one. as for the forearm piece, that is one thing that I think is kinda cheap. and they need to make them in normal forearm size and large. The stock one is just to small for my forearms.....anyone else agree...anyone...

Thats one good thing about the replacement arm cuffs. They are made of alluminum and you can bend them out larger, vs the plastic ones that come on the detector. The make camo versions of the covers but have only seen them through there UK site.

I cringe when I see filthy dirty coverless Etracs in YouTube videos or pictures. Those screens are really easy to scratch. Whats funny is people are worried about scratching a silver dime worth $3.00 but could care less about scratching the screen of a $1,500 machine. :)

A cover is cheap insurance and keeps everything looking nice. It also keeps dust and filth out of the control box, because it could easily enter through the screen grille. The only time the cover comes off my Etrac is to wipe the inside down once in a while.

All three accessories were a must have for me too a couple of years ago when I got my ETrac. Between ordering the Pro-Tector and recieving it in the mail I added the Sunray X-1 probe, so I have a new Pro-Tector sitting here. If you know anyone else looking for one or youd like an extra I'd let it go on a good deal.

I'd like to get my hands on a Pro-Tector for the body of my E-Trac if that's what you have and you still want to part with it. I use the Zagg screen protector on mine.

The pro-tector has been awesome. Has kept everything clean. It self is easy to clean too. Just wipe it off with a wet towel and good to go. Worth every penny. The new arm cuff is really comfortable and have not had any issues with it. Now I just got to get used to the detector... Different that I am used to. (Tesoro's) But cant complain it is going DEEP! Gonna take it out to some of my areas that saw some Civil War activity soon to see how it does on some relics.

just got mine today, fits like a glove :D i wanted mine covered because my main concern was that thin foam grip getting torn

Attachments

• Picture 113.jpg
    Picture 113.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 3,271
I tried a few of the different AM armrests for the FBSs and liked the factory one the best. The ergonomics are great and though it is plastic youd really have to stomp it to break it as it has good flex to it, comparable to aluminum. I find the deep 'V' design of the factory one optimum as far as tension on the arm and running without a strap. YMMVIP.

A pic of my SE PRO and bought a protector from an retired vet on Ebay..he even sewed an extra battery pouch on the back end of my detector to help make it actually lighter for me cause its balanced better. ALL for the price of 22.95 shipped and also sent me a leather wrap for the handle/or i can use the ACU wrap he gave me also. All sewn to perfection.

Attachments

• P3050009.jpg
    P3050009.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 2,431
  • P3050010.jpg
    P3050010.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 2,473
I cringe when I see filthy dirty coverless Etracs in YouTube videos or pictures. Those screens are really easy to scratch. Whats funny is people are worried about scratching a silver dime worth $3.00 but could care less about scratching the screen of a $1,500 machine. :)

What is funny is how people cover up the vent holes on the back side of the control box with plastic and let the heat build up in the CPU!

Back
Top Bottom