New From Panama City fl

I have detected on the local AFB and security drove by and waved. Guess they did not know that i was not allowed to detect there. I have seen posts from others who also detected there.

I tend to be more of a loner when it comes to detecting. I had a friend that i detected with but he decided to move to Idaho.

Good luck in your hunts.

In your post #27, it appeared that that was what you were relying on ("Florida law" and "federal property" in general) that led you to your conclusion
What conclusion are you referencing?

Also in your post #27, you allude to "asking the POC", right ? And by that I assume you meant that you ask them: "Hi, is md'ing allowed here ?".
I did not allude. I clearly said I’d contact the POC. “Asking the POC” is not what I said.
Your assumption is an incorrect one.
I can contact the POC and easily request a copy of their governing reg. It’s not a big deal at all and they’d be more than happy to email a copy.

And actually, there'd be no reason to even ask, if, as you say, there's already a specific "no md'ing" rule there, eh ?
I think you meant to say “to even contact” right?

There’d be no reason to contact, EXCEPT there is...to determine whether the reference had been rescinded or under revision.
This from Post #27
Also, it’s possible my reference was rescinded while under revision
The other reason was to determine the validity of DNs statement when he contradicted me.

In post #26, Dirty Nails said that md-ing was not yet specifically listed in the “prohibited activities” listing (2017-2018 ) and that FWC told him it was going to be added.

I’ve since learned it’s been in effect at least as far back as I first mentioned.
Post #30
The rule was in effect prior to, during, and remains the same to date.

Hey, Tom might have learned the "no one cared till you asked" scenario from personal experience back when he was a noob at detecting and didn't realize there was no written rules against detecting in the parks he asked about, so there was no need to ask.

.......can you picture detecting noob Tom asking an official for permission way back when ? :laughing:
View attachment 472238

But he's not in handcuffs🤣

Thanks to Dave for sharing this (now edited) comic :laughing:
Tom-detecting-without-permission.jpg

Thanks to Dave for sharing this (now edited) comic :laughing: ....

Another cartoon to add to my display cabinet drawers. And to think that md'ing was so evil ..... how was I to have known ? :roll: :laughing: As soon as it is on the equal with hand-grenades and torturing kittens, is the moment I should have known that I/we need princely blessings before I/we proceed !

new to the hobby and love finding my local history and coins . Looking for a friend in the hobby. I found a few others but they want to be top secret and just take the fun out of it. I rather find clad all day long with a buddy then find awesome stuff and can't give anyone a silver fist bump. Let me kno if you can go hunt

Learn to read beaches and hunt the beaches in front of the most expensive hotels. Once you start finding expensive rings maybe you won't mind not hunting with others.

Back
Top Bottom