4 days worth of hunting

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Ive managed 4 long hunts in the last couple of weeks. We have a lot going on around here right now. I wasnt finding much in the water and have been interested in how a Sov might do as a second machine. So all these hunts were wet/dry sand using my Exp SE. You never really know if you are leaving targets behind, but id say i did ok. There is sure a lot of people swinging on the dry sand. We North to the larger beaches and go there early..... i thought, but there is always 1 or 2 people there before day break. All three of the lower rings are 14 K (total weight 11.3 g) There is 2 silver rings and the NICE bracelet. I also managed a couple of silver studs not shown. I found the class ring as well and confirmation from the principal that the young lady got it back. So if anyone wants to know if an SE works on the beach..... what ya think?

Dew

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 568
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 542
Congrats on all that nice shiny metal. I'd say you did yourself and your machine proud. : ) Good job returning Hailey's ring to her.

LOL Craig.... i think ill have to do better than this.... but i have noticed more going in the safe than ARA. My wife wants to get the bracelet fixed.... why? because it fits her imagine that. Had to change up..... there just wasnt a thing in the water worth the effort.

Dew

Dew,you are doing real well down this way! Most guys aren't getting near that much! I can't find anything in the water.i got 2 gold and 5 silver.None from the water.I'd be real happy with what you've done so far.Only thing i'm ever nervous about is trusting someone at a school to return a ring.She probably did get it back.But you never know.I'm still sitting on a class ring.I'd imagine this one will never find its owner.But if i drop it off at the school i'm really sure it never will.

Well if you cant trust the Principal..... then our world is in sad shape huh? I can only do the right thing..... it up to the other guy at this point. There are some pretty LONG beaches here in Fl and i cover as much as i can when im there.

Dew

Nice take for a 4 hunt excursion Dew, WTG! I can def relate to the "LONG" beaches in Florida thing. :lol: Hope she gets the ring!

Congrats!!

Very nice finds Dew! Yeah I hear nothing but good things about SE using FBS circuit on salt. Keep it coming...

nice find's

Nice find's Dew with your Se,ya just have to wonder what you would find with a Gt, sporting wot coil,as far as detector's go,one might be better than the other,doesn't really matter as much ,it's who is swinging the machine,and what the beach give's up,Congrad's,Earl

Great bunch of finds Dew...
Also very nice of you on the return of the ring :D

Sounds like the SE is working out great in the dry sand..Probably no need to get the Sov at this time..

CONGRATS on some great stuff !!

Last edited:
I use an SEF 10X12 i just dont think a WOT would do more than cover more ground.... which might pay off that away. But depth wise and target wise ill take the SEF. I do agree the nut behind the wheel has a lot to do with whats found or not found. Bottom line is you have to have confidence in your machine and WALK over the target to get it.

Dew

I do agree the nut behind the wheel has a lot to do with whats found or not found. Bottom line is you have to have confidence in your machine and WALK over the target to get it.
Ditto!! A different hunter with the same machine could swing right next to you and not even find half the jewelry you found.

Great finds, Dew! I've known that the SE is an awesome machine, both on land and at the beach!

Raphis
Dan

Nice treasure Dew! Soon you will be writing a Book!...

I doubt there is much i could put in a book others dont know..... get a good machine and get out there long and hard and count your blessings if you are lucky enough to walk over something good. Im not one of those guys who does and hour and brings home a pocket full of gold. Still learning the tides and beaches.... its a process just like relic and field hunting. If you ever get down this way OBN give me a shout.

Dew

Dew

How do you like the SEF coil,most recently i got the 8x6 for the E-Trac and like it,i see you have the sef 10x12,guess you run it on the SE,since i have the 11dd pro coil,i thought that the 10x12 would be a waste,but thought about getting the 15x12SEF,do you have the 15x12,i would probally be running that coil inplace of a wot with the GT at the beach,Earl

Personally id run the WOT. That 10X15 is a pretty heavy coil and since you are going heavier the WOT is as deep and sensitive .... but you cover more ground. As far as the 10X12.... you are right having the Pro coil you just dont need it and there are better things to spend your money on. Trust me you got the better deal when i bought my SE it came with the slim line.... you talking about a chattery piece of junk. I almost sold the SE. Ive heard some good stuff about the 8" coil.... good depth and separation.

Dew

Back
Top Bottom