Roughly how deep does the Tesoro Golden Umax detect . . .

Tony (Michigan)

Roughly how deep does the Tesoro Golden Umax detect, say a nickel, dime or quarter?

I realize there are different soils in different areas of the U.S.A. But for medium type soil, about how deep does the Golden Umax go on coins with the stock coil?

I can't say about the Gold Umax, however I did have a silver Umax some time ago and never found anything deeper than about 6-7". Hope that helps.

My Golden microMax in mild to medium soil gets 6" to 8" with stock coil.
I've heard some claim 9" to 10" on a quarter in mild soil....mine is about 7" to 8".

Cheers,

Bob.

Roughly how deep does the Tesoro Golden Umax detect, say a nickel, dime or quarter?

I realize there are different soils in different areas of the U.S.A. But for medium type soil, about how deep does the Golden Umax go on coins with the stock coil?

I have no idea about the Tesoro but something to keep in mind is soil conditions. The answers you may get may not be what it will do in your soil. I say this because I discovered how much soil plays in to it by accident. My deus will barely hit a 10 inch clad quarter in my yard but when I went to my buddys test garden 3 miles away it slammed a 13 inch quarter that he called an impossible target.

On a side note, there is history on his land so now I have to talk him into letting me clean the deep stuff out that he likely missed!:lol:

I had the Original golden and hit dimes at around 7 inches in New England which is just as good as my other detectors did around here but you had to listen for those because it was a soft tone when that deep.
The thing I liked about the Golden is when it hit on Silver it would give you a warmer TONE letting you know you found silver.

Back
Top Bottom