• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Minelab FBS for beach

Darth_Finger

Running an ATPro and CZ-21 at the beach. Love both, but the ATPro can be a pain going from dry to wet and wet to dry. CZ-21 is smooth but looking for something that I can change coils on that will run on wet and dry sand. I really don't get into the water. How is a Minelab Safari or E-Trac on the beach? Anyone have experience with either one of these on the beach? Thanks

The reason

Why the Atpro doesn't do well at the beach ( if your talking salt water) is it's a single frequency machine -unlike your Cz21- dual frequency, geared for Salt, as your Atpro- is geared for fresh, a great beach machine for the wet & Dry , is a GT - 10 inch coil, better with the sef 10x12, and get the environmental cover for the head, if you have to have a meter, they are available as a- add on, happy hunting Earl

Attachments

• water machines & gt 005.JPG
    water machines & gt 005.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 340
any of the fbs units do very well on the beach just as good if not better than the CZ21/Excal, but I would never recommend a non waterproof machine for the beach so I would go with the ctx.

sand and salt gets everywhere regardless of how much you protect the machine or cover it. search the forums and you will see people who accidentally dropped their etracs in the water at the beach...

I have seen u tube vids of people using safari,etrac on saltwater beaches but dont get the control box wet!!!

Adom bomb

Even though he has FBS in his head liner, he stated he was looking for something he can change coil's, the GT with a environmental cover , is a good option, keeps the salt air & spray off the head, however I recommend a water proof machine in the wet, GT in the dry, just to be safe, a Etrac damaged from salt, is a high dollar loss.

Thanks for the info guys. Its a shame they dont make the Sov anymore. To bad the Excal didnt come stock with the option to change out coils and head phones.

I was going to say the same as a few others, even thogh it is bbs the sov gt is killer on the wet sand. You can find them used and if you can't find a sov gt then look for another model sov, other models can be found cheaper...

To bad the Excal didnt come stock with the option to change out coils and head phones.

Yea it would of been awesome. I think the reason they didnt is that they could make it for diving to 200ft. The CTX is FBS and is waterproof to 10ft and you can change coils/headphones.

Minelab Safari

Running an ATPro and CZ-21 at the beach. Love both, but the ATPro can be a pain going from dry to wet and wet to dry. CZ-21 is smooth but looking for something that I can change coils on that will run on wet and dry sand. I really don't get into the water. How is a Minelab Safari or E-Trac on the beach? Anyone have experience with either one of these on the beach? Thanks

Great for salt water hunting and a solid land Detector
Great prices, give me a call
dennis

Back
Top Bottom