A Fun Two Hour hunt

diggin4clad

Elite Member
I was able to sneak off for a two hour hunt this morning before work and hunted a soccer field I started hunting last fall. Finds totaled 25 coins worth $5.80 and I also dug a 3.6 gram sterling silver Saint Patrick medallion. Thankfully there were NO pennies dug today ..... a first in my 36 years of detecting.

Attachments

• DSCN2247.jpg
    DSCN2247.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 282
  • DSCN2254.jpg
    DSCN2254.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 321
  • Image (19).jpg
    Image (19).jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 281
Very nice indeed! I like that St. Pats design...very cool...Whats up with the missing pennies? Are they rotting away that fast, getting discarded, or just not carried out on the soccerfield you think?

Very nice indeed! I like that St. Pats design...very cool...Whats up with the missing pennies? Are they rotting away that fast, getting discarded, or just not carried out on the soccerfield you think?
No idea...........To begin with, I disregard zinc signals so that cuts down on penny finds which in turn saves wear and tear on my knees. I started hunting this field last fall and even then the copper penny counts were lower than usual.

Wow. Nice way to start the morning. In comparison I hit a similar field and pulled $1.25 in the same amount of time and a junk earring. HH

Are you disregarding Nickle signals in addition to the zinc pennies? It looks like you are only looking for the higher silver conductor range.

Ray

Are you disregarding Nickle signals in addition to the zinc pennies? It looks like you are only looking for the higher silver conductor range.

Ray
No, I never block out nickel signals. It just so happened on this hunt I didn't get any nickels.

Wow. Nice way to start the morning. In comparison I hit a similar field and pulled $1.25 in the same amount of time and a junk earring. HH
Thanks....This middle school has over 600 kids so the coin count is pretty good. The quarters add up fast.

Back
Top Bottom